GE Industrial Systems AV-300 AV-300 Quick Start Up Guide...
These instructions do not purport to cover all details or variations in equipment, nor to provide every possible contin- gency to be met during installation, operation, and maintenance. If further information is desired or if particular prob- lems arise that are not covered sufficiently for the purchaser’s purpose, the matter should be referred to GE Industrial Systems.
Table of Contents Safety Precautions - Precautions de securité ... 4 Functional connection diagram... 7 Overview ... 8 Control Terminals ... 9 3.1 Maximum cable cross section for regulator terminals ... 10 Power terminals ... 10 4.1 Maximum cable cross section for power terminals ... 10 Encoder terminals (XE connector) ...
1. Safety Precautions - Precautions de securité WARNING/ATTENTION! According to the EEC standards the AV300i should be used only after checking that the mechanical equipment uses safety devices required by the 89/392/EEC set of rules. Drive systems cause mechanical motion. It is the responsibility of the user to insure that any such motion does not result in an unsafe condition.
CAUTION / PRECAUTION: Do not operate the drive without a ground wire being connected. The motor chassis should be grounded to earth through a ground lead separate from all other equipment ground leads to prevent noise coupling. The grounding connector shall be sized in accordance with the NEC or Canadian Electrical Code.
6. A capacitative load (e.g. variable power factor capacitors) should not be connected to the output of the drive (terminals U2, V2, W2). Aucune charge capacitive ne doit être connectée à la sortie du convertisseur (bornes U2, V2 et W2) (par exemple des condensateurs de mise en phase).
Functional connection diagram AC fuses Power Supply Line Reactor EMI filter Ground Note: PE1 is the drive safety ground. If PE2 is used to connect the motor ground, EMC filter ground must connected to PE1. AC Voltage ACDrive Cabinet Contactor U1V1W1 U2V2W2PE2 Encoder cable...
2. Overview This guide assumes a standard start up using the keypad for a drive and motor that is to be run in either sensorless vector or flux vector (with digital or sinusoidal encoder) mode. It is also assumed that a standard scheme is to be used for control.
3. Control Terminals External braking unit (optional) Strip X1 F unction Programmable / configurable analog differential input. Signal: terminal 1. Analog input 1 Reference point: terminal 2. Default setting: Ramp ref 1 Programmable / configurable analog differential input. Signal: terminal 3. Analog input 2 Reference point: terminal 4.
3.1 Maximum cable cross section for regulator terminals Terminals 1...79 80...85 NOTE: Terminal board points are intended for 1 wire/point. Daisy chains and multiple wires/point are better done with a panel mounted terminal board. 4. power terminals 3Ph ~ Braking resistor (optional) 4.1 Maximum cable cross section for power terminals U1, V1, W1, U2, V2, W2, C, D terminals...
5. Encoder terminals (XE connector) Designation Channel B - PIN1 F or B- digital or B -COS incremental signal PIN2 Channel C+ PIN3 F or C+ digital or analog zero pulse or index Channel C- PIN4 F or C-digital or analog zero pulse or index Channel A+ PIN5 F or A+ digital or A+SIN incremental signal...
5.2 JUMPERS setting Encoder/Jumpers setting SESC DEHS DE: 5V digital incremental encoder with A /A, B / B, C / C SE: 5V sinusoidal incremental encoder with A /A, B / B, C / C DEHS: 5V digital incremental encoder with A /A, B / B, C / C and three Hall sensor digital position signals (for AC Brushless motors) SESC: 5V sinusoidal incremental encoder with A /A, B / B, C / C and and two sin/cos traces for absolute position (for AC Brushless motors or positioning)
List of dip-switch S3 The drives are factory set, but when installing a space regulator card, remember to set dip-switch S3 according to the above table. 5.3 Maximum cable length for encoder terminals Cable section [mm Max Length feet [m] 0.22 0.75 88 ...
6. Keypad operation The keypad is made of a LCD display with two 16-digit lines, seven LEDs and nine function keys. Keypad -Torque +Torque Alarm Enable Zero Speed Limit Speed Help Alarm Escape Home Enter Keypad is used : To control the drive, when keypad use has been programmed (Main commands=DIGITAL.) To display the speed, voltage, diagnostics etc.
Keypad buttons Text reference [Increase] / [Jog] [Decrease] / [Rotation control] Help [Down arrow] / [Help] Alarm [Up arrow] / [Alarm] Escape [Left arrow] / [Escape] Home [Enter] / [Home] Enter Shift START button controls the Enable and Run modes of the drive if Main commands = DIGITAL and the Stop Mode is on.
Moving inside a menu...
7. Pre Power Checks The following should be checked before switching ON the Drive: Grounds / Grounding • Verify ground connections between the drive and motor • Verify AC Input, AC Output and control wiring aren’t grounded Connections • Verify AC Input (U1/L1, V1/L2, W1/L3), AC Output (U2/T1, V2/T2, W2/T3), DC link connection (C,D), Motor thermistor (78, 79), OK Relay (80, 82), Relay 2 (83,85) and regulation board points (1...46, XS, XE) connections.
8. Quick tuning 1. After a complete check of wiring, turn the power on: • The following voltages must be present: Terminal 7, +10V to terminal 9 (on regulation board) Terminal 8, -10V to terminal 9 (on regulation board) Terminal 19, +24…30V to terminal 18 (on regulation board) •...
of this is trying to [Enter] a value for “Nominal Current that is less than 30% of the drive rating. This is not allowed due to problems encountered with a small motor and a large drive. Try to go back to the beginning of step 6 and repeat the entries.
NOTE: “xxx range error” or “timeout” messages may also occur in some extreme parameter ranges. Repeat the tune in this case. If error messages are persistent see troubleshooting section. If there was some reason you did not want to keep these values permanently, but only wanted to try to run the drive with them, there is no need to save them to permanent memory.
Control buttons Press START button to command the Drive to the Enable and Run state Press STOP button commands to stop the Drive from the Run state Press to display the current reference value and to increase the reference value and accelerate the drive. Press to decrease the reference value and decelerate the drive.
9. Options Encoder verification: Set the Drive in V/f mode and run the motor, enable and start the drive and set an analog reference. If the reference is positive on terminal 1 with respect to 2 (common) the motor should be turning clockwise.
11. Troubleshooting Overflow list CODE CAUSES 10 ; 54 The ratio between the Encoder 1 pulses and the number of motor pole pairs must be higher than 128 3 ; 4 The Stator resistance  value is too high. The motor is not compatible with the drive size used.
List of Self-tuning Error Messages Generic messages Description Note “Drive disabled”: Provide enable input by setting terminal 12 high. “Not ready”: “Take values part 1”, “Take values part 2a”, “Take values part 2b”or “Take values part 3” can not be executed because the measurement has not been completed correctly. Repeat self-tune procedure.
Failure alarms in the keypad display Failure alarm Possible causes BU overload The braking duty cycle is out of the allowed range Bus loss Failure in the Bus connection (only with interface Bus option card) Check the Bus connection EMC compatibility problem, check wiring. Curr fbk loss Failure in the connection between regulation card and TA transformer.
Interrupt error An unused interrupt has occurred Switch off the drive and restart If still unsuccessful, the fault is probably internal. Contact your service office Module overtemp (For sizes from 1 Hp to 20 Hp). Temperature of the IGBT module is too high Failure of drive fan Failure in the IGBT module in the power section.
Undervoltage Line voltage parameter incorrectly set. Remedy: set parameter correctly and then acknowledge the failure via RESET*. The incoming voltage to the power section of the device is too low due to: - too low an AC input voltage or extreme line dips - poor cable connections (e.g.
Output voltage oscillates under load The value for Rotor resistance is not correct. See section “Checking and manual tuning of rotor resistance for field oriented mode” in the AV-300i instruction book. Motor not supplying the maximum torque or maximum output power The value for Magnetizing curr is less than required for the connected motor.
If the operating point is in the constant Hp range, check the Flux P and Flux I parameters Incorrect value for Rotor resistance Remedy: Optimize the tuning as described in the AV-300i instruction book. Drive not reacting to adaptive speed regulation Adaptive speed regulation not enabled.
GE Industrial Systems 1501 Roanoke Boulevard, Suite 435 Salem, VA 24153 1-800-543-6196 www.GEindustrial.com GEK-105661 (5M 5/99)