Do not place plastic items such as salt and pepper shakers, spoon holders or plastic wrappings on
top of the range when it is in use. These items could melt or ignite. Potholders, towels or wood spoons could catch fire
if placed too close to a flame.
In the event of an electrical power outage, the surface burners can be lit manually. To light a surface burner, hold a lit match
to the burner head, then slowly turn the surface control knob to LITE. After burner lights turn the knob to desired setting. Use
caution when lighting surface burners manually.
Setting Surface Controls
Operating the Gas Surface Controls:
1. Place cooking utensil on surface burner.
2. Push the surface control knob down and turn counterclockwise out of the OFF
3. Release the knob and rotate to the LITE position (see figure 1). Note: All four
electronic surface ignitors will spark at the same time. However, only the burner you
are turning on will ignite.
4. Visually check that the burner has a flame.
5. Turn the control knob counterclockwise to the desired flame size. The control
knobs do not have to be set at a particular setting. Use the knob indicator settings
to adjust the flame as needed. DO NOT cook with the surface control knob in the
LITE position. (The electronic ignitor will continue to spark if the knob is left in the