Using Your XPS Laptop
Removing and Replacing the Battery
WARNING: Before you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety
instructions that shipped with your computer.
WARNING: Using an incompatible battery may increase the risk of fire or explosion.
This computer should only use a battery purchased from Dell. Do not use batteries from
WARNING: Before removing the battery, shut down the computer, and remove external
cables (including the AC adapter).
To remove the battery:
1. Turn off the computer and turn it over.
2. Slide the battery release latch to the side.
3. Lift the battery up at an angle and remove it from the battery bay.
To replace the battery:
1. Align the tabs on the battery with the slots on the battery bay.
2. Press the battery down until the battery release latch clicks.