Programming Your Remote, cont.
8. Repeat this process for each device (for example
TV, DVD, SAT, AUX) in your home entertainment
system you wish to control. Four devices can
• This process may take several minutes as the
remote contains many codes.
• When using the Auto Code Search programming
method, the device button corresponding to
the type of device you want to control must be
selected (for example, the TV device button must
be selected in step 3 if you want to control a TV,
the DVD device button for a DVD player, etc.)
• The SETUP button can be used during the search
process to reverse the direction of the search of
the remote codes. For example, if you miss the
code for your device and the remote is continuing
to search (as indicated by the blinking red light),
press the SETUP button and the code search will
reverse direction and return to the code.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your
device may operate only a few functions of your
device. There may be another code in the code
list that performs more functions. Continue the
auto code search as directed above until the best
code is found.