Media Configuration Tool Guide
Deleting a Media Type
a. Place a checkmark in the checkbox of the media you wish to delete in the Media Type
2. Press the Execute button.
Communication with the printer starts and the following dialog box is displayed.
• When the program cannot communicate with the printer, the following
• The following error message may be displayed with some data to be
Chapter 5 Editing Media Types
• You cannot input "\" (back slash).
• You cannot use "-" (hyphen) at the front of the media name.
• Only spaces are prohibited from entry into names.
• A warning message will be displayed in any of the following
a. When the media selected is the standard media (Canon
b. When the media name is not input
c. When the number of character input exceeds the limit
d. When a media type of the same name is already saved
e. When characters input are not correct
• When you place a checkmark in standard media (Canon media),
the media name will not be deleted just by turning gray. However,
the media name will stop being displayed on the printer driver list.
• You cannot delete Plain Paper from Media Type.
Do not attempt to print or turn the off while the program is
communicating with the printer.
warning message is displayed. Read the message and click the OK
When the printer media type has been changed by another user: