Hinge lever hook
Lock engaged for door removal
HINGE SLOT - Door removed
from the oven
Lock in normal position
Care & Cleaning
Removing and Replacing the Oven Door
The door is heavy. For safe, temporary storage, lay the door flat
with the inside of the door facing down.
To Remove Oven Door:
1. Open the door to the fully opened position.
2. Pull up the lock located on both hinge supports and engage it in the hinge
lever hooks (Figure 1). You may have to apply a little downward pressure on
the door to pull the locks fully over the hinge lever hooks.
3. Grab the door by the sides and pull the bottom of the door up and toward you
to disengage the hinge supports. Keep pulling the bottom of the door toward
you while rotating the top of the door toward the range to completely disen-
gage the hinge levers (Figure 2).
4. To clean oven door, follow the instructions provided in the General Care &
To Replace Oven Door:
1. Grab the door by the sides; place the hinge supports in the hinge slots. Open
the door to the fully opened position.
2. Disengage the lock from the hinge lever hooks on both sides (Figure 3).
Note: Make sure the hinge supports are fully engaged before unlocking the hinge
3. Close the oven door.
Special Door Care Instructions
Most oven doors contain glass that can break.
Read the following recommendations:
1. Do not close the oven door until all the oven racks are fully in place.
2. Do not hit the glass with pots, pans, or any other object.
3. Scratching, hitting, jarring or stressing the glass may weaken its structure
causing an increased risk of breakage at a later time.
Changing the Oven Light
On some models an interior oven light will turn automatically when the oven
door is opened. The oven light may be turned on when the door is closed by
using the oven light switch located on the control panel. On some models,
the lamp is covered with a glass shield held in place by a wire holder. THE
GLASS SHIELD MUST BE IN PLACE WHENEVER THE OVEN IS IN USE.
To replace the light bulb:
CAUTION: BE SURE THE OVEN IS COOL.
1. Turn the power off at the main source.
2. Wear a leather-faced glove for protection against possible broken glass.
3. Replace bulb with 40-watt appliance bulb only.
4. For models with glass shield, press holder on one side to release glass
shield, change bulb and be sure to replace the glass shield.