Remove any packing material from the printer, as described on the Notice Sheet in the box. Save all the packaging so you can use it if you need to transport the printer later. You’ll find these items inside: USB to parallel...
User’s Guide.) Place the top of the left edge guide over the manual feed guide at the back of the printer, then snap the bottom edge of the guide into place. Repeat for the right edge guide. Install the Banner Paper Cover Slide the clips on the bottom of the banner paper cover over the tabs on the bottom of the manual feed guide.
2. Plug the power cord into a properly grounded outlet. To protect the printer from power surges, you may want to use a surge protector. button;...
If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Install the Ink Cartridges 1. Press the button to turn on the printer. The P Operate light and all four Operate light begins flashing. Pause 2.
The printer begins charging the advanced ink delivery system. Charging takes up to 10 minutes, with the light flashing until it’s finished; then the on. Do not turn off the printer or interrupt this important process or you’ll use up more ink than necessary. When the...
2. Open the printer hood and remove the paper tray cover. 3. Slide the right edge guide all the way left until it clicks into place. Then slide the left edge guide to match the approximate width of your paper.
5. Flip up the rear edge guide and slide it out until it stops. 6. Fan a stack of paper and then even the edges. 7. Load the stack with the printable surface face down and slide it all the way into the paper tray. Press the stack against the right edge guide.
If you have any problems with the test, see Chapter 6 in your User’s Guide for more information. Connect the Printer to Your Computer Depending on your system, you can connect the printer to your computer using any of the following: Parallel interface—for Windows Parallel interface with the included USB-to-parallel cable—...
See page 12 for instructions. EPSON’s optional Ethernet card allows other users on your network to access the printer. To provide adequate bandwidth, you need a switched 100 Mbit hub on your network.
Installing and Connecting to an Optional Interface Card To connect the printer to an optional FireWire or Ethernet card, you first need to install the card in your printer. You also need the appropriate cable. 1. Turn off your computer and your printer.
To remove the interface card, first follow steps 1 and 2 in this section. Remove the screws securing the card and carefully pull it out of the internal printer socket. Then replace the interface cover and screws you removed in step 4.
1. Turn on your Macintosh and your printer. 2. Insert the printer software CD-ROM in your drive. 3. If necessary, double-click the its window. Then double-click the 4. Double-click Install Printer Driver for EPSON Stylus Color 3000 CD-ROM to open EPSON icon.
5. At the next screen, click box appears: 6. Make sure Easy Install button. Click Continue 7. Follow the instructions to install your software and select a default paper size. You see the following message: 8. Click . When you see a message informing you that installation is complete, click Macintosh.
Windows installs the drivers for your card. You see the Chooser Window: 10. Click the icon for your printer, then click the printer port icon. 11. Select the appropriate Background Printing to turn background printing on or off.
See your User’s Guide for details. You see the following: 4. Double-click Install Printer Driver for EPSON Stylus Color 3000 5. If you’re connecting with a parallel cable or network interface card, see the note at left.
The printer will work correctly with the USB-to-parallel cable; however, you will not be able to use EPSON Status Monitor to verify your Media Type setting, paper supply, or ink levels. Follow these steps: 1.
3. Do one of the following: If you’re using a parallel cable, double-click Printer Driver for EPSON Stylus Color 3000 If you’re using the included USB-to-parallel cable, double-click Install Printer Driver with USB To Parallel Cable Adapter.
Use Print Manager for this port and close the Spool Manager window. See Your EPSON Documentation Your EPSON Stylus COLOR 3000 User’s Guide tells you how to do the following: print everything from a memo to a glossy photograph use your printer software to fine-tune your printouts...
General Notice: Other product names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. disclaims any and all rights in those marks. EPSON Copyright © 2003 by Epson America, Inc. 3/03 Printed in USA...