Loading Paper ® You can load up to 100 sheets of plain paper, 100 sheets of Epson Presentation Paper Matte, or 80 sheets of Epson Bright White Paper. Load Premium Presentation Paper Matte and most photo papers 20 sheets at a time. Load transfer paper and adhesive sheets one sheet at a time.
Using Special Papers Epson offers a wide array of high quality papers, making it easy to maximize the impact of your photos, presentations, and creative projects. You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central www.epson.com/ink3 (U.S. sales) or www.epson.ca (Canadian sales). You can also purchase supplies from an Epson authorized reseller.
Paper name Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss Epson Photo Paper Glossy Epson Photo Quality Self- adhesive Sheets Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper Loading Paper Size Borderless 4 × 6 inches Letter (8.5 × 11 inches) Borderless 4 × 6 inches Letter (8.5 ×...
Placing Originals for Copying, Scanning, or Faxing Before you copy, scan, or fax, place your documents or photos on the scanner glass (below) or in the Automatic Document Feeder (see page 8). Using the Scanner Glass You can place two photos or a document up to letter-size on the scanner glass to make color or black and white copies.
Using the Automatic Document Feeder You can place up to 30 letter-size sheets or 10 legal-size sheets in the Automatic Document Feeder. 1. Tap the originals on a flat surface to even the edges. 2. Move the edge guides aside. 3.
■ “Restoring, Cropping, or Copying Photos” on page 10 Copying a Document 1. Place your original(s) for copying (see page 7). 2. Load letter-size plain paper, Epson Bright White Paper, or Epson Presentation Paper Matte. 3. Press the button. Copy 4.
1. Place one or two photos on the scanner glass. Place them at least 1/4 inch (5 mm) apart. 2. Load 4 × 6-inch, 5 × 7-inch, 8 × 10-inch, or letter-size Epson photo paper in the sheet feeder. 3. Press the 4×6/5×7/Restore...
7. Press to prescan your photos. You see these settings: 8. Press l or r to view your photos. To print more than 1 copy of a photo, press to select the number. – 9. If you want to crop a photo and enlarge the resulting image area to fit onto your paper, press Display/Crop ■...
■ Select Paper Type Paper Type Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte ■ Select Paper Size Note: Availability of options depends on the Paper Type setting you choose.
Faxing a Document or Photo Your CX9400Fax Series lets you send faxes by entering fax numbers or selecting entries from a speed dial list. Using the Automatic Document Feeder, you can fax up to 30 pages at a time. See these sections: ■...
2. To use a telephone or answering machine, you need a second phone cable. Connect one end of the cable to the telephone or answering machine, and connect the other end to the (or to another wall jack on the same line). If your answering machine is set to pick up on the fourth ring, you should set the CX9400Fax Series to pick up on the fifth ring or later: 1.
Entering Fax Header Information You should enter fax header information before sending faxes so that recipients can identify their source. Note: If you leave the CX9400Fax Series unplugged for a long period of time, the date and time settings may get lost. See the Start Here sheet or on-screen User’s Guide for instructions on setting the date and time.
Using the Keypad to Enter Numbers and Characters Follow these guidelines to enter numbers and characters. ■ To move the cursor, add a space, or delete a character: Button l or r Auto Answer/Space Speed Dial/Backspace ■ To enter a fax number, use the numeric keypad. Press a pause symbol ( # button to type the + symbol when entering a phone number in international dialing format.
4. Adjust any of the following settings: Setting and options Resolution Standard Fine Photo Contrast -4 to +4 Paper Size Letter (default) Legal Auto Reduction Last Trans. On Error (default) On Send Setting Up a Speed Dial List You can create a speed dial list of up to 60 fax numbers so you can quickly select them for faxing.
3. Select Speed Dial Setup 4. Select Add Entry Note: To edit or delete an entry from an existing list, select Edit Entry or Delete Entry instead. 5. Select or type the number of the speed dial entry you want to add, then press 6.
4. Press and then select Note: If the recipient’s fax machine prints only in black and white, your fax is automatically sent in black and white even if you selected color. Send . Select or type the .
5. Press , if necessary, to adjust any of the following settings: Menu ■ Resolution ■ to change the contrast of the faxed document Contrast ■ Fax Delay another fax until the delayed fax has been sent or cancelled.) ■ Fax Mode machine to which you have dialed (such as a fax information service).
Receiving Faxes Before receiving faxes, make sure you load plain paper and select the Paper Size setting that matches the size of paper you’ve loaded (see “Select Scan and Print Settings” on page 16). If the incoming fax pages are larger than the paper size you loaded, the fax size is reduced to fit or printed on multiple pages, depending on setting you select (see page 16).
Printing From Your Camera’s Memory Card The CX9400Fax Series lets you print photos directly from your digital camera’s memory card. Once your card is inserted, you can also print photos using an index sheet or your camera’s DPOF settings, or transfer files to and from the card. You can also print by connecting your camera directly.
8. Press l or r to view other photos, select the number of copies, and crop, if desired. 9. To print borderless photos on 4 × 6-inch Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy or Semi-gloss, press x To change your paper type or any of the other print...
Printing in Windows 1. Open a photo or document in a printing program, open the select Print 2. Select EPSON Stylus CX9400Fax Series button. Properties Note: If you see a Setup, Printer, or Options button, click it. Then click Preferences or Properties on the next screen.
3. On the Main tab, select the basic print settings. Make sure you choose the correct paper setting for your paper (see page 28). Type Select the type of document you’re printing (choose Photo or Best Photo for photos) Select your paper Type Select your paper Size...
7. Click Print progress of your print job. Check ink cartridge status Pause or resume printing Printing With a Macintosh 1. Open a photo or document in a printing program, open the select Page Setup 2. Select the basic page settings. For borderless photos, choose a setting with a Sheet Feeder - Borderless 3.
5. Select Stylus CX9400Fax and select the following print settings: Note: In certain programs, you may need to select Advanced before you can select Print Settings. For more information about printer settings, click the 6. Choose any other printing options you may need from the pop-up menu. See the on-screen User’s Guide for details.
For this paper/media Plain paper Epson Bright White Paper Epson Presentation Paper Matte Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Photo Paper Glossy Epson Presentation Paper Matte Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss...
With the Automatic Document Feeder, you can scan up to 30 pages at a time. Note: For detailed scanning instructions, see the on-screen User’s Guide. 1. Place your document in the Automatic Document Feeder (see page 8). 2. Do one of the following to start Epson Scan: ■ Windows: Double-click the ■...
Maintaining Your All-in-One Follow the steps here to check and clean the print head, and replace ink cartridges. To align the print head, if necessary, see the on-screen User’s Guide. Checking the Print Head Nozzles If your printouts are faint or have gaps in them, the print head nozzles may be clogged.
Cleaning the Print Head If print quality has declined and the nozzle check indicates clogged nozzles, you can clean the print head. Print head cleaning uses ink, so clean it only if necessary. Note: You cannot clean the print head if an ink cartridge is expended, and may not be able to clean it when a cartridge is low.
after the “replace cartridge” indicator comes on. The printer ships with full cartridges and part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for charging the printer. For best printing results, use up a cartridge within six months of opening the package. Store ink cartridges in a cool, dark place.
3. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift it up. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it. Warning: If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water.
You can also check the basic troubleshooting suggestions beginning on page 35 or see the on-screen User’s Guide for more detailed help. Checking for Software Updates Periodically, it’s a good idea to check Epson’s support website for free updates to your Epson CX9400Fax Series software. Open your on-screen User’s Guide and select or visit Epson’s support website at...
■ Make sure the type of paper you loaded matches the paper size and paper type settings on the control panel when copying (see page 12), when faxing (see page 21), or in your printer software (see page 28). ■ Use the Automatic Document Feeder to fax or scan legal-size documents, but not to copy them.
Print Quality Problems ■ For the best print quality, use Epson papers (see page 5) and genuine Epson ink cartridges (see page 33). ■ If you notice light or dark bands across your printouts or they are too faint, run a nozzle check (see page 30) to see if the print head needs cleaning.
Toll or long distance charges may apply. Purchase Supplies and Accessories You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central at www.epson.com/ink3 (U.S. sales) or www.epson.ca (Canadian sales). You can also purchase supplies from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).
Notices Important Safety Instructions Before using your all-in-one, read and follow these safety instructions: ■ Be sure to follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. ■ Use only the type of power source indicated on the product label. ■...
■ If the LCD screen is damaged, contact Epson. If the liquid crystal solution gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If the liquid crystal solution gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If discomfort or vision problems remain after a thorough flushing, see a doctor immediately.
If service is needed, Epson will, at its option, exchange or repair the printer without charge for parts or labor. If Epson authorizes an exchange for the defective unit, Epson will ship a replacement printer to you, freight prepaid, so long as you use an address in Canada or the U.S.
Epson is not responsible for warranty service should the Epson label or logo or the rating label or serial number be removed or should the product fail to be properly maintained or fail to function properly as a result of misuse,...
To find the Epson Authorized Reseller nearest you, visit our website at: http://www.epson.com. To find the Epson Customer Care Center nearest you, visit: http://support.epson.com. You can also write to: Epson America, Inc., P.O. Box 93012, Long Beach, CA 90809-3012 Declaration of Conformity According to 47CFR, Part 2 and 15 for: Class B Personal Computers and Peripherals;...
This product is not intended to be repaired. If you experience trouble with this equipment, please contact: Name: Epson America, Inc. Address: 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806 U.S.A. Telephone: (562) 981-3840...
In order to program this information into your fax machine, follow the instructions in “Entering Fax Header Information” on page 15.
WARNING The connection of a non-shielded equipment interface cable to this equipment will invalidate the FCC Certification of this device and may cause interference levels which exceed the limits established by the FCC for this equipment. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain and use a shielded equipment interface cable with this device.