9: Calibrating the
The DCAC (Digital Cinema Auto Calibration)
function allows you to perform automatic
calibration as follows:
• Check the connection between each speaker
and the receiver.
• Measure the polarity of speakers.
• Measure the distance of each speaker from
your seating position automatically.
• Measure the speaker size.
• Adjust the speaker level.
• Measure the frequency characteristics.
The measurement result is not utilized in the
– The multi channel input is selected.
– "2ch Analog Direct" is being used.
The measurement is not utilized in the following
– Dolby TrueHD signals with a sampling
frequency of more than 96 kHz are being
– PCM signals with a sampling frequency of
more than 96 kHz are being received.
The DCAC is designed to obtain proper sound
balance in your room. However, you can adjust
the speaker levels and balance manually
according to your preference. For details, see
"Making settings with the Test Tone menu"
Before you perform the Auto
Before you perform the Auto Calibration, set
up and connect the speakers (page 15-18).
• The AUTO CAL MIC jack is used for the
supplied optimizer microphone only. Do not
connect other microphones. Doing so may
damage the receiver and the microphone.
• During the measurement, the sound that
comes out of the speakers is very loud. The
volume of the sound cannot be adjusted. Pay
attention to the presence of children or to the
effect on your neighborhood.
• Perform the measurement in a quiet
environment to avoid the effect of noise and
get a more accurate measurement.
• If there are any obstacles in the path between
the optimizer microphone and the speakers,
the calibration cannot be performed
correctly. Remove any obstacle from the
measurement area to avoid measurement
• When you use a bi-amplifier connection, set
"Sur Back Assign" to "BI-AMP" in the
Speaker settings menu before you perform
• The Auto Calibration function does not work if
– headphones are connected.
– SPEAKERS (OFF/A/B/A+B) is set to off.
• If the muting function has been activated before
you perform Auto Calibration, the muting function
will be set to off automatically.