Contents L380 User's Guide ............................9 Product Basics ............................10 Control Panel Buttons and Lights ....................... 10 Product Parts Locations ........................10 Product Parts - Top........................11 Product Parts - Inside ........................13 Product Parts - Back........................14 The Power Off and Sleep Timers ....................... 14 Changing the Power Off and Sleep Timer Settings - Windows ............
Starting a Scan Using the Product Buttons..................65 Changing Default Scan Job Settings ..................65 Starting a Scan Using the Epson Scan 2 Icon ................66 Starting a Scan from a Scanning Program..................68 Scanning in Epson Scan 2 ......................... 70 Additional Scanning Settings - Main Settings Tab .................
Refilling Ink ..............................76 Ink Safety Precautions ........................76 Check Ink Levels ..........................77 Disabling Special Offers with Windows ..................78 Purchase Epson Ink ........................... 80 Ink Bottle Part Numbers......................... 80 Refilling the Ink Tanks ........................80 Adjusting Print Quality..........................86 Print Head Maintenance........................
Faint Printout or Printout Has Gaps ..................... 122 Grainy Printout..........................123 Incorrect Colors ........................... 124 Solving Scanning Problems ......................125 Scanning Software Does Not Operate Correctly ................. 125 Cannot Start Epson Scan 2 ......................125 Solving Scanned Image Quality Problems ..................126...
Interface Specifications ........................141 Notices ..............................142 FCC Compliance Statement......................142 Trademarks ............................143 Copyright Notice..........................143 A Note Concerning Responsible Use of Copyrighted Materials........... 144 Default Delay Times for Power Management for Epson Products ..........144 Copyright Attribution ........................144...
Product Basics See these sections to learn about the basic features of your product. Control Panel Buttons and Lights Product Parts Locations The Power Off and Sleep Timers Control Panel Buttons and Lights power button and the power light B&W copy button color copy button stop button Scan by pressing the...
Product Parts - Back AC inlet USB port Parent topic: Product Parts Locations The Power Off and Sleep Timers The product enters sleep mode or turns off automatically if it is not used for a period of time. You can adjust the time period before power management begins, but increasing the time reduces the product's energy efficiency.
Changing the Power Off and Sleep Timer Settings - Windows You can use the printer software to change the time period before the product enters sleep mode or turns off automatically. 1. Make sure your product is turned on. 2. Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the icon for your product in the right side of the Windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click 3.
6. Select the length of time after which you want the product to automatically turn off when it is not in use as the Power Off Timer setting. 7. Click Send. 8. Select the time period you want before the product goes to sleep as the Sleep Timer setting. 9.
You see this window: 4. Select the length of time after which you want the product to automatically turn off when it is not in use as the Power Off Timer setting. 5. Select the time period you want before the product goes to sleep as the Sleep Timer setting. 6.
Loading Paper for Documents Loading Paper for Photos Loading Envelopes Paper Loading Capacity Available Epson Papers Paper or Media Type Settings Loading Paper for Documents You can print documents on a variety of paper types and sizes. 1. Flip the feeder guard forward.
3. Pull out the output tray and open the paper stopper. Note: If you print on legal-size or longer paper, leave the paper stopper closed. 4. Slide the edge guide left.
5. Insert paper, glossy or printable side up and short edge first, against the right side. If you are inserting a stack of paper, fan the sheets first and tap the stack on a flat surface to even the edges. 6.
• Check the paper package for any additional loading instructions. • If you use paper with binder holes, load only one sheet at a time. Make sure the holes are only on the sides of the paper; do not load paper with holes at the top or bottom. Parent topic: Loading Paper Related references...
4. Slide the edge guide left. 5. Insert paper, glossy or printable side up and short edge first, against the right side. If you are inserting a stack of paper, fan the sheets first and tap the stack on a flat surface to even the edges.
6. Slide the edge guide against the paper, but not too tightly. 7. Flip the feeder guard back. Always follow these paper loading guidelines: • Load only the recommended number of sheets. • Load paper short edge first, no matter which way your photo faces. •...
1. Flip the feeder guard forward. 2. Pull up the paper support and its extension. 3. Pull out the output tray and open the paper stopper.
4. Slide the edge guide left. 5. Load up to 10 envelopes against the right side. Load them printable side up and flap edge left. 6. Slide the edge guide against the envelopes, but not too tightly. 7. Flip the feeder guard back.
Available Epson Papers You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest reseller, visit epson.com.jm or call your nearest Epson sales office. Paper Type Size Part number Sheet count Epson Bright White Paper Letter (8.5 ×...
For this paper Select this paper Type or Media Type setting Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Premium Presentation Paper Matte Envelopes Envelope Parent topic: Loading Paper...
Placing Originals on the Product Follow the instructions here to place your original documents or photos on the product. Caution: Do not place anything on top of your product or use its cover as a writing surface to avoid damaging it. Placing Originals on the Scanner Glass Placing Originals on the Scanner Glass You can place originals up to this size on the scanner glass: Letter (8.5 ×...
2. Place your original facedown on the scanner glass with the top facing into the corner. Slide the original to the edges of the indicated corner. Note: You can place multiple originals on the scanner glass. Just make sure they are at least 0.2 inch (4.5 mm) away from the edge of the scanner glass and at least 0.8 inch (20 mm) away from each other.
Copying See the information here to copy documents or photos using your product. Note: Copies may not be exactly the same size as your originals. Copying Documents or Photos Copying Documents or Photos You can copy color or black-and-white documents or photos onto plain paper. 1.
You can print with your product using any Windows application, as described in these sections. Note: If you are using your Epson product with the Windows 10 S operating system, you cannot use the software described in this section. You also cannot download and install any Epson product software from the Epson website for use with Windows 10 S;...
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows Select the basic settings for the document or photo you want to print. 1. Open a photo or document for printing. 2. Select the print command in your application. Note: You may need to select a print icon on your screen, the Print option in the File menu, or another command.
4. Select the size of the paper you loaded as the Document Size setting. Note: You can also select the User-Defined setting to create a custom paper size. 5. Select the orientation of your document. Note: If you are printing an envelope, select Landscape. 6.
Related tasks Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Windows Printing Your Document or Photo - Windows Print Quality Options - Windows You can select any of the available Quality options to fine-tune the quality of your print. Some settings may be unavailable, depending on the paper type and border setting you have chosen. Draft For draft printing on plain paper.
Note: You will need to print one side and flip the paper over manually to print the other side. Note: Some options may be pre-selected or unavailable, depending on other settings you have chosen. 1. Select one of the following options for 2-Sided Printing: •...
5. Print a test copy of your double-sided document to test the selected settings. 6. Follow any instructions displayed on the screen during printing. Note: The surface of the paper may smear during double-sided printing. Make sure the ink has dried before reloading the paper.
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows You can select a variety of additional layout and printing options for your document or photo on the More Options tab. 1. To change the size of your printed document or photo, select the Reduce/Enlarge Document checkbox and select one of these sizing options: •...
• Select Custom and click the Advanced button to manually adjust the color correction settings or turn off color management in your printer software. • Select Image Options to access additional settings for improving printed images. 3. To add the following features, click the Watermark Features button: •...
Custom Color Correction Options - Windows You can select any of the available options in the Color Correction window to customize the image colors for your print job. Color Controls Lets you select a Color Mode setting, individual settings for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Density, and individual color tones.
Lets you manage color using installed color printing profiles. No Color Adjustment Turns off color management in your printer software so you can manage color using only your application software. Parent topic: Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows Image Options and Additional Settings - Windows You can select any of the Image Options and Additional Settings to customize your print.
High Speed Speeds up printing but may reduce print quality. Mirror Image Flips the printed image left to right. Parent topic: Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows Header/Footer Settings - Windows You can select any of the Header/Footer Settings options to add headers or footers when you print. The items are available to print at the top or bottom of your pages, in either the left, right, or center of the page.
Selecting a Printing Preset - Windows For quick access to common groups of print settings, you can select a printing preset on the Main or More Options tab. Note: You can create your own preset by clicking the Add/Remove Presets button. 1.
2. Place your cursor over one of the Printing Presets to view its list of settings. 3. Click on a preset to change its settings, or use any of the available options on the screen to control your printing presets. 4.
You see the maintenance options: 4. Click the Extended Settings button.
You can select from these settings on the Extended Settings window. Show Progress Meter Displays the progress of print jobs as they are being printed. Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3 Enables product monitoring for ink and paper supplies and other issues. Separator Page Before each document, prints a separator page containing the title, user, date, and time.
Print as Bitmap Increases print speed when printing is extremely slow or the print head stops during printing, and other settings do not help. Skip Blank Page Ensures that your product does not print pages that contain no text or images. Change Standard Resolution Reduces the resolution of print data to correct printing problems.
You see your application's Print window, such as this one: 2. Click OK or Print to start printing. Checking Print Status - Windows Parent topic: Printing with Windows...
Checking Print Status - Windows During printing, you see this window showing the progress of your print job. It allows you to control printing. • To cancel printing, click Cancel. • To see print jobs lined up for printing, click Print Queue. Parent topic: Printing Your Document or Photo - Windows Selecting Default Print Settings - Windows...
You see the printer settings window: 3. Select the print settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs. 4. Click OK. These settings are now the defaults selected for printing. You can still change them as needed for printing in any program session.
You see the printer settings window. 3. Click the Maintenance tab. You see the maintenance options: 4. Select the language you want to use as the Language setting. 5. Click OK to close the printer software window. The printer software screens appear in the language you selected the next time you access them. Parent topic: Selecting Default Print Settings - Windows Changing Automatic Update Options...
You can print with your product using any Mac printing program, as described in these sections. Note: If you have an Internet connection, it is a good idea to check for updates to your product software on Epson's support website.
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac Selecting Page Setup Settings - Mac Selecting Print Layout Options - Mac Sizing Printed Images - Mac Managing Color - Mac Printing Your Document or Photo - Mac Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac Parent topic: Printing from a Computer Related tasks Checking for Software Updates...
You see the expanded printer settings window for your product: Note: The print window may look different, depending on your version of the Mac operating system and the application you are using. 5. Select the Copies and Pages settings as necessary. Note: If you do not see these settings in the print window, check for them in your application before printing.
6. Select the page setup options: Paper Size and Orientation. Note: If you do not see these settings in the print window, check for them in your application before printing. They may be accessible by selecting Page Setup from the File menu. 7.
9. Select the type of paper you loaded as the Media Type setting. Note: The setting may not exactly match the name of your paper. Check the paper type settings list for details. 10. Select the Print Quality setting you want to use. 11.
Print Options - Mac You can select any of the print options to customize your print. Some options may be unavailable, depending on other settings you have chosen. Grayscale Prints text and graphics in black or shades of gray. Mirror Image Lets you flip the printed image horizontally.
Selecting Print Layout Options - Mac You can select a variety of layout options for your document or photo by selecting Layout from the pop- up menu on the print window. • To print multiple pages on one sheet of paper, select the number of pages in the Pages per Sheet pop-up menu.
Sizing Printed Images - Mac You can adjust print order and the size of the image as you print it by selecting Paper Handling from the pop-up menu on the Print window. • To print only selected pages in a multi-page document, select an option from the Pages to Print pop- up menu.
Color Matching and Color Options - Mac You can select from these settings on the Color Matching and Color Options menus. Color Matching Settings EPSON Color Controls Lets you manage color using controls in your printer software or turn off color management. ColorSync Prints using standard color profiles for your product and paper to help match image colors.
Color Options Settings Manual Settings Lets you select manual color adjustments. Click the arrow next to Advanced Settings and select settings for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and individual color tones. You can also select a color Mode setting for printing photos and graphics and the Fix Red-Eye setting to reduce or remove red- eye in photos.
Click Print at the bottom of the print window. Checking Print Status - Mac Parent topic: Printing on a Mac Checking Print Status - Mac During printing, you can view the progress of your print job and control printing. 1. Click the printer icon when it appears in the Dock. You see the print status window:...
2. Select the following options as necessary: • To cancel printing, click the print job and click or Delete. • To pause a print job, click the print job and click or Hold. To resume a print job, click the paused print job and click or Resume.
4. Select any of the available printing preferences. 5. Click OK. Printing Preferences - Mac Parent topic: Printing on a Mac Printing Preferences - Mac You can select from these settings on the Options or Driver tab. Skip Blank Page Ensures that your product does not print pages that contain no text or images.
• Windows 10: Click and select EPSON Software > Event Manager. • Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Event Manager. • Windows (other versions): Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON Software > Event Manager.
Starting a Scan Using the Product Buttons Starting a Scan Using the Epson Scan 2 Icon You can start the Epson Scan 2 program to select scan settings, scan, and save the scanned image to a file. Note: If you are using your Epson product with the Windows 10 S operating system, you cannot use the software described in this section.
You see an Epson Scan 2 window like this:...
Note: If you are using your Epson product with the Windows 10 S operating system, you cannot use the software described in this section. You also cannot download and install any Epson product software from the Epson website for use with Windows 10 S;...
You see an Epson Scan 2 window like this:...
Note: If you are using your Epson product with the Windows 10 S operating system, you cannot use the software described in this section. You also cannot download and install any Epson product software from the Epson website for use with Windows 10 S;...
6. Select the Resolution setting you want to use for your scan. 7. Click the Preview button. Epson Scan 2 previews your original and displays the results in the Epson Scan 2 window. 8. Click the Advanced Settings tab and select any settings that you want to use.
Scanning Additional Scanning Settings - Main Settings Tab You can select these additional scanning settings on the Epson Scan 2 Main Settings tab. Not all adjustment settings may be available, depending on other settings you have chosen. Dual Image Output Scans the original image twice using different output settings (Windows only).
Image Format Options You can select different image formats and related options. For details on available options, click the ? icon on the Epson Scan 2 Image Format Options window. Not all image formats have options. Bitmap (*.bmp) A standard image file format for most Windows programs.
A document format that is readable by Windows and Mac systems using Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or other programs. You can save multi-page documents in one PDF file. Recognized text in the scanned document can be searched. Parent topic: Scanning in Epson Scan 2...
Ink Refilling Precautions • Use ink bottles with the correct part number for this product. • The use of non-Epson ink may cause damage that is not covered by Epson’s warranty, and under certain circumstances, may cause erratic product behavior.
• If the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank, refill the ink. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank could damage the product. • Epson recommends filling all ink tanks to the upper line when the product is not operating to reset the ink levels.
You can disable special offers messages from Epson using a utility on your Windows computer. Note: You may see the Epson Special Offers screen every time you print (if your computer is connected to the Internet). Select Do not display this message again and click Decline to disable online offers.
You see this window: 2. To disable promotional offers, deselect the Display Epson Offers checkbox. (Promotional offers are not available in Latin America.) Parent topic: Check Ink Levels...
Purchase Epson Ink You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest reseller, visit epson.com.jm or call your nearest Epson sales office. Note: This product was originally designed to work with genuine Epson inks. Your product may not function properly if you use other types of ink and may affect Epson's warranty.
1. Place a sheet of paper under the ink tank area in case of spills. 2. Turn on your product. 3. Make sure the power light is on, but not flashing. 4. Unhook the ink tank unit from the product and lay it down. Note: Do not pull on the ink tubes.
Note: Make sure the color of the ink tank matches the ink color you want to refill, and only remove the cap from that ink tank. Be careful not to spill any ink. 6. Snap off the tip of the bottle cap, but do not dispose of it so you can use it to seal the bottle cap later, if necessary.
Caution: Close the bottle cap tightly; otherwise, ink may leak. 7. Refill the ink tank with the correct color ink up to the upper line on the ink tank.
8. If any ink remains in the ink bottle after filling the ink tank, place the bottle cap tip securely on the bottle cap and store the ink bottle upright for later use. 9. Place the cap securely on the ink tank. 10.
11. Close the ink tank unit cover. 12. Hook the ink tank unit onto the product. Parent topic: Refilling Ink Related concepts Purchase Epson Ink Related references Ink Safety Precautions...
Adjusting Print Quality If your print quality declines, you may need to run a utility to clean or align the print head. Print Head Maintenance Print Head Alignment Cleaning the Paper Path Checking the Number of Sheets Related concepts Power Ink Flushing Print Head Maintenance If your printouts become too light, or you see dark or light bands across them, you may need to clean the print head nozzles.
1. Press the power button to turn the product off. 2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product. 3. Hold down the stop button and press the power button to turn the product on. 4. When the product turns on, release both buttons. The product begins printing a nozzle check pattern.
Checking the Nozzles Using a Computer Utility You can check the print head nozzles using a utility on your Windows or Mac computer. 1. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product. 2. Do one of the following: •...
5. Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines. Print head is clean Print head needs cleaning 6. If there are no gaps, click Finish. If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, clean the print head. Parent topic: Print Head Nozzle Check Related tasks...
Cleaning the Print Head Using the Product Buttons Cleaning the Print Head Using a Computer Utility Parent topic: Print Head Maintenance Related topics Refilling Ink Cleaning the Print Head Using the Product Buttons You can clean the print head using the buttons on your product. 1.
3. Do one of the following: • Windows: Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the icon for your product in the right side of the Windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click • Mac: In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers &...
6. When the cleaning cycle is finished, you can check to see if the nozzles are clean; click Print Nozzle Check Pattern and click Print. 7. Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines. Print head is clean Print head needs cleaning •...
When you see an error message indicating that an ink pad is nearing the end of its service life, the product stops printing and you must contact Epson for support. Flushing the Ink Tubes Using a Computer Utility...
If you don’t see any improvement, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours. Then check the print quality again. If quality still does not improve, contact Epson for support. Parent topic: Power Ink Flushing...
Print Head Alignment If your printouts become grainy or blurry, you notice misalignment of vertical lines, or you see dark or light horizontal bands, you may need to align the print head. Note: Banding may also occur if your print head nozzles need cleaning. Aligning the Print Head Using a Computer Utility Parent topic: Adjusting Print Quality...
You see a window like this: 6. Check the printed pattern and follow the instructions on the screen to choose the number of the best printed pattern for each set. Vertical alignment...
Horizontal alignment • After choosing a pattern number, click Next. • If no patterns are aligned in one or more of the sets, choose the closest one in each set and click Realignment. Then print another alignment sheet and check it. Note: Click Skip (where available) if you want to skip a particular alignment sheet.
Parent topic: Adjusting Print Quality Checking the Number of Sheets You can view an option that displays the number of sheets of paper that have fed through the product. Checking the Sheet Counter - Windows Checking the Sheet Counter - Mac Parent topic: Adjusting Print Quality Checking the Sheet Counter - Windows...
You see this window: 5. After checking the number of sheets fed into the printer, click OK to close the window. Note: The number of sheets is displayed only when Epson Status Monitor 3 is enabled. Parent topic: Checking the Number of Sheets...
1. In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility. 2. Select Printer and Option Information. You see this window: 3.
Cleaning and Transporting Your Product See these sections if you need to clean or transport your product. Cleaning Your Product Transporting Your Product Cleaning Your Product To keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year. Close the output tray and paper support when you are not using the product to protect it from dust.
is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles. Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out.
6. Close the output tray and paper support, if necessary. 7. Unplug the power cable. 8. Disconnect any connected cables. 9. Unhook the ink tank unit from the product and lay it down. Note: Do not pull on the ink tubes.
10. Open the ink tank unit cover and check to make sure that the ink tank caps are installed securely. 11. Hook the ink tank unit onto the product. 12. Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Solving Scanned Image Quality Problems Uninstall Your Product Software Where to Get Help Checking for Software Updates Periodically, it's a good idea to check Epson's support website for free updates to your product software. Visit epson.com.jm/support and select your product.
Parent topic: Solving Problems Related tasks Changing Automatic Update Options Product Light Status You can often diagnose problems with your product by checking its lights. Lights power paper Light status Condition/solution power light is on The product is turned on. power light is flashing The product is busy.
The ink pads need to be replaced. You must contact Epson for support. ink light is flashing paper light is flashing An error has occurred during firmware updating. Connect your product ink light is on using a USB cable and try updating the firmware again.
• If the page prints but the nozzle check pattern has gaps, clean or align the print head. • If the page does not print, the product may have a problem. Check other available solutions. If they do not work, contact Epson. Parent topic:...
• If the product's print head stops moving or making noise, and the charging process has not finished after approximately 20 minutes, turn off your product. Turn it back on and check to see if charging is still in progress. If it is still in progress, contact Epson for help. Parent topic:...
Copies are Cut Off Product Makes Noise When It Sits for a While Parent topic: Solving Problems Product Makes Noise, But Nothing Copies If your product makes a noise, but nothing copies, try these solutions: • Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
Solving Paper Problems Check these sections if you have problems using paper with your product. Paper Feeding Problems Paper Jam Problems Paper Ejection Problems Parent topic: Solving Problems Paper Feeding Problems If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions: •...
2. Gently pull out any jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder. 3. Press the B&W copy button or the color copy button to resume printing. If the product lights still show an error, continue with the next step. 4.
Related tasks Cancelling Printing Using a Product Button Related topics Loading Paper Solving Problems Printing from a Computer Check these sections if you have problems while printing from your computer. Nothing Prints Product Icon Does Not Appear in Windows Taskbar Printing is Slow Parent topic: Solving Problems...
2. Click the Maintenance tab. 3. Click the Extended Settings button. 4. Select Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3 and click OK. 5. Click the Monitoring Preferences button. 6. Click the checkbox for the option that adds the shortcut icon to the taskbar.
1. Click and select Computer or My Computer. Double-click the C: drive and open these folders: ProgramData > EPSON > PRINTER. Note: If you do not see the ProgramData folder, open the Organize menu and select Folder and search options. In the window that appears, click the View tab, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives in the Advanced settings list, and click OK.
Related tasks Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac Solving Page Layout and Content Problems Check these sections if you have problems with the layout or content of your printed pages. Inverted Image Too Many Copies Print Blank Pages Print Incorrect Margins on Printout Incorrect Characters Print...
Blank Pages Print If blank pages print unexpectedly, try these solutions: • Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software. • If a blank page exists in a document you are printing and you want to skip printing it, select the Skip Blank Page setting in your printer software, if available.
Related topics Loading Paper Incorrect Characters Print If incorrect characters appear in your prints, try these solutions before reprinting: • Make sure any cables are securely connected at both ends. • In Windows, delete all jobs from the Windows Spooler. Click Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the printer settings window, and cancel any stalled print jobs.
Slanted Printout If your printouts are slanted, try these solutions: • Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper. • Select a higher print quality setting in your printer software. • Turn off any high speed settings in your product software. •...
White or Dark Lines in Printout If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint: • Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
• Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product. • Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks. • Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
Related references Paper Specifications Available Epson Papers Paper or Media Type Settings Related tasks Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac Cleaning the Paper Path Related topics Loading Paper Faint Printout or Printout Has Gaps If your printouts are faint or have gaps, try these solutions: •...
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac Related topics Loading Paper Grainy Printout If your printouts are grainy, try these solutions: • Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product. •...
Try using the color management options in your printer software. • For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper. • If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Ink Flushing utility.
Related references Windows System Requirements Mac System Requirements Cannot Start Epson Scan 2 If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions: • Make sure your product is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
Mac: Open the Applications folder, click Epson Software, and click Epson Scan 2 Utility. Make sure the correct product is selected. If necessary, select the Other tab and click Reset. • Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan 2 installed. If you do, uninstall both versions and install one version.
If your scanned image consists only of a few dots, try these solutions: • Make sure you placed your original for scanning facing the correct way. • If you are scanning using the Epson Scan 2 Black & White setting, adjust the Threshold setting and scan again.
Image is Too Dark If your scanned image is too dark, try these solutions: • Select the Advanced Settings tab in Epson Scan 2 and adjust the Brightness setting. • Check the brightness and contrast settings of your computer monitor.
Check the color matching and color management capabilities of your computer, display adapter, and the software you are using to see if they are affecting the palette of colors you see on your screen. To adjust the colors in your scanned image, adjust these Epson Scan 2 settings (if available) and try scanning again:...
• Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Select the uninstall option for your Epson product, then select Uninstall/Change. Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
In the next window, select your product and click OK. Then follow any on-screen instructions. 4. Do one of the following to uninstall Epson Event Manager, then follow any on-screen instructions: • Windows 10/8.x: Select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall.
3. Select your operating system, click Utilities, locate the Uninstaller utility, and click Download. 4. Run the file you downloaded. 5. Double-click the Uninstaller icon. 6. In the Epson Uninstaller screen, select the checkbox for each software program you want to uninstall. 7. Click Uninstall.
Country Telephone Argentina (54 11) 5167-0300 0800-288-37766 Bolivia* 800-100-116 Brazil State capitals and metropolitan areas: 3004-6627 Other areas: 0800-377-6627 / 0800-EPSONBR Chile (56 2) 2484-3400 Colombia Bogota: (57 1) 523-5000 Other cities: 018000-915235 Costa Rica 800-377-6627 Dominican Republic* 1-888-760-0068 Ecuador* 1-800-000-044 El Salvador* 800-6570...
Purchase Supplies and Accessories You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest reseller, visit epson.com.jm or call your nearest Epson sales office. Parent topic: Solving Problems...
• Windows Vista • Windows XP Professional x64 Edition • Windows XP SP3 or later Note: For the latest product software available for your operating system, visit the Epson support site at epson.com.jm/support, select your product, and select Downloads. Parent topic:...
Note: Since the quality of any particular brand or type of paper may be changed by the manufacturer at any time, Epson cannot guarantee the quality of any non-Epson brand or type of paper. Always test a sample of paper stock before purchasing large quantities or printing large jobs.
Technical Specifications Ink Specifications Note: This product was originally designed to work with genuine Epson inks. Your product may not function properly if you use other types of ink and may affect Epson's warranty. The included ink bottles must be used for printer setup and are not for resale. The printer ships with full ink bottles and part of the ink from the first bottles is used to charge the print head.
Notices Check these sections for important notices about your product. FCC Compliance Statement Trademarks Copyright Notice FCC Compliance Statement For United States Users This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Notices A Note Concerning Responsible Use of Copyrighted Materials Epson encourages each user to be responsible and respectful of the copyright laws when using any Epson product. While some countries' laws permit limited copying or reuse of copyrighted material in certain circumstances, those circumstances may not be as broad as some people assume.