Nokia operates a policy of continuous development. Nokia reserves the right to make changes and improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice. Under no circumstances shall Nokia be responsible for any loss of data or income or any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages howsoever caused.
RM-750 ESD protection ESD protection Nokia requires that service points have sufficient ESD protection (against static electricity) when servicing the phone. Any product of which the covers are removed must be handled with ESD protection. The SIM card can be replaced without ESD protection if the product is otherwise ready for use.
Our policy is of continuous development; details of all technical modifications will be included with service bulletins. While every endeavour has been made to ensure the accuracy of this document, some errors may exist. If any errors are found by the reader, NOKIA MOBILE PHONES Business Group should be notified in writing/e- mail. Please state: •...
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR standard. The device uses Symbian ^3 for Nokia devices operating system, and supports the full Web Browser for S60, which brings desktop-like Web browsing experience to mobile devices. It also supports MIDP Java 2.1 , providing a good platform for compelling 3rd party applications.
• Digital Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) – used to optimize display/key brightness and power consumption • Slideshow from Gallery Share • Nokia XpressShare - share effortlessly from Gallery or after capture via Email, Bluetooth or MMS • Social client 1.3 • Video call and video sharing support. (WCDMA services) Page 1 –...
• Online Album: Image/Video uploading from Gallery Store • 2 GB memory card (inbox) • Nokia XpressTransfer – easy to transfer and organize photos and video between your device and a compatible PC Music • Digital music player: supports MP3/ AAC/ eAAC/ eAAC+/ VAW/WMA/ AMR-NB/ AMR-WB with playlists, equalizer and album art •...
RM-750 General Information • Nokia Maps 3.0, including Friend Finder • WLAN - IEEE802.11 g/b/n with UPnP support • Micro USB interface with USB 2.0 high speed • Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1 + EDR + A2DP • MicroSD memory card - support up to 32 GB •...
PWB. SS-93 Opening tool SS-93 is used for opening JAE connectors. Note: The SS-93 is included in Nokia Standard Toolkit. SX-4 Smart card SX-4 is a BB5 security device used to protect critical features in tuning and testing.
Note: You may alternately use a known good FM radio broadcast as a test signal. 2. Attach the Nokia headset to the phone’s AV connector. 3. Use Scroll button to autotune to the radio frequency. 4. Set volume to suitable level.
• When certificate restoring for BB 5 products or IMEI rebuild for DCT-4 products is performed, existing data from Nokia System is programmed in the phone. The phone will be in the same condition as it was when it left the factory for the first time.
5. Product code shown on the UI does not matter, because during restoring it will be replaced by the product code which is the latest one stored in Nokia system. 6. It is recommended to perform "Restore"-function without selecting "Flash Product"-option to avoid possible SW downgrade which causes the phone to die.
RM-750 BB Troubleshooting and Manual Tuning Guide 7. Information from phone and Smart Card are read and connection to Tucson server is established. 8. Information from Nokia system is retreived and programmed in the phone. Issue 1 COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL Page 3 – 55...
Nokia System, and programmed in the phone. • After successful change, phone specific information in Nokia systems will match the new variant, and it can be used for e.g. certificate restoring. If you perform several product code changes, Nokia system will always be up to date with the latest successful event.
• Analyse the picture from your PC monitor, full colour setting is recommended • If possible, compare with a picture of the same motive taken with a similar Nokia device • If camera has auto focus: Remember that the white focussing frame which appears when the camera button is pressed halfway down, must turn green for auto focus lock.
Self test troubleshooting..........................5–9 Troubleshooting with RF Self tests......................5–9 RF tuning and testing ............................5–11 RF auto tuning and testing with Nokia Care Suite..................5–11 RF auto tuning procedure ..........................5–11 Automatic RF testing with Nokia Care Suite....................5–15 Troubleshooting with Testing And Tuning Tool ..................
All measurements should be done using: • An oscilloscope for low frequency and DC measurements. Recommended probe: 10:1, 10 Mohm//8 pF. • Willtek 440x/3100, Rohde & Schwarz CMU-200 or CMW-500 radio communication tester. Note: A mobile phone WCDMA transmitter should never be tested with full TX power (permitted only if measurements and tests are performed in an RF-shielded environment).
'Service Tools and Service Concepts'. Nokia Care Suite preparations Install Testing And Tuning Tool add-on application to Nokia Care Suite. Automatic RF testing and tuning is not possible without this application. There is no more support in Phoenix to auto tune RM-750 product.
RM-750 Cellular RF troubleshooting Nokia Care Suite and Testing And Tuning Note: The window appearance may differ depending on the Tool versions Click on the RF Tuning button. The following view opens: Nokia Care Suite and Testing And Tuning Note:...
RM-750 Cellular RF troubleshooting Nokia Care Suite and Testing And Tuning Note: The window appearance may differ depending on the Tool versions 10 If no critical errors happen during the low band RF tuning procedure, the following window will pop up: 11 Change the CA-158RS cable to the high band RF connector on the phone PWB.
RM-750 Cellular RF troubleshooting Automatic RF testing with Nokia Care Suite Testing And Tuning Tool add-on application can be used also for non-signalling RF tests. The automatic RF RF auto tuning procedure , but RF Testing should testing procedure is the same as explained in the chapter Testing And Tuning Tool main window instead of RF Tuning .
Figure 18 Blade battery connector Charging This phone is charged through the smaller Nokia standard interface (2.0 mm plug). The wider standard charger (3.5 mm) can be used together with the CA-44 charger adapter. Figure 19 Small (right) and wide (left) charger plugs Charging is controlled by energy management, and external components are needed to protect the baseband module against EMC, reverse polarity and transient frequency deviation.