Notes on use
• OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®
• Hard Disk space: 2 GB or more (NVD-U13E)
• DVD-ROM drive
• USB port
• Monitor: 1,024 × 768 dots
• Internet connection for access to the support website
Before you update/add the maps on the navigation unit
Update the navigation unit to the latest software
Check the latest software on the following website:
Install the PC connection software on your computer
For Windows XP users:
If "ActiveSync" is not installed in your computer, install by either of the following
• Insert the disc supplied with the navigation unit into your computer, select your
language, then click "Install ActiveSync" to install the software.
For Windows Vista users:
Download "Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1" or later from the Microsoft support site,
if not already installed.
• The screenshots in this manual may differ depending on the disc.
• If you replace the old maps on the navigation unit using this disc, you will not be able
to recover the old maps later.
• Sony cannot be responsible for any loss of personal content, such as "Address
Book" during the update process as certain aspects may not be compatible with the
updated content. Please take a few moments to write down your "Address Book" for
safekeeping, in case they are lost as a result of the update.
• For "Memory stick" details, refer to the Quick Start Guide supplied with the navigation
unit excluding NV-U71T/U51.
• Set your computer to not enter sleep mode while transferring the map data.
512 MB or more (NVD-U13R)