PROPER FREEZER CARE AND CLEANING
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
To avoid electric shock always unplug your freezer before cleaning.
Ignoring this warning may result in death or injury.
Before using cleaning products, always read and follow manufacturer's
instructions and warnings to avoid personal injury or product damage.
• Prepare a cleaning solution of 3-4 tablespoons of
baking soda mixed with warm water. Use sponge or soft cloth, dampened with
the cleaning solution, to wipe down your freezer.
• Rinse with clean warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasives, ammonia, chlorine bleach,concentrated
detergents, solvents or metal scouring pads. SOME of these chemicals may
dissolve, damage and/or discolor your freezer.
• Clean door gaskets every three months according to general instructions.
Gaskets must be kept clean and pliable to assure a proper seal.
• Petroleum jelly applied lightly on the hinge side of gaskets will keep the gasket
pliable and assure a good seal.