IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read all of the instructions before using this appliance. When using this
appliance, always exercise basic safety precautions, including the following:
NOTE: If the freezer has been placed in a horizontal or tilted position for any
period of time wait 24 hours before plugging the unit in.
1. Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in
this use and care guide.
2. This freezer must be properly installed in accordance with the
installation instructions before it is used. See grounding
instructions in the installation section.
3. Never unplug your freezer by pulling on the power cord. Always
grasp the plug ﬁrmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
4. Repair or replace immediately, all electric service cords that have
become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that
shows cracks or abrasion damage along its length, the plug or the
5. Unplug your freezer before cleaning or before making any repairs.
6. Do not use any electrical device or any sharp instrument in
defrosting your freezer.
7. If your old freezer is not being used, we recommend that you
remove the doors. This will reduce the possibility of danger to
After your freezer is in operation, do not touch the
cold surfaces in the freezer compartment, particularly when
hands are damp or wet. Skin may adhere to these extremely cold
9. Do not refreeze foods, which have been thawed completely. The
United States Department of Agriculture in Home and Garden
Bulletin No. 69 reads: "...You may safely refreeze frozen foods that