Adjust the Doors
NOTE: If you have the casters installed on your refrigerator, the
leveling screws will not work. Shims can be placed under the casters
to level a refrigerator that has casters installed.
Your refrigerator has two front adjustable rollers – one on the right
and one on the left. If your refrigerator seems unsteady or you want
the doors to close easier, adjust the refrigerator's tilt using the
1. Remove the base grille. See Base Grille graphic. The two leveling
screws are part of the front roller assemblies which are at the
base of the refrigerator on either side.
2. Use a screwdriver to adjust the leveling screws. Turn the leveling
screw to the right to raise that side of the refrigerator or turn the
leveling screw to the left to lower that side. It may take several
turns of the leveling screws to adjust the tilt of the refrigerator.
NOTE: Having someone push against the top of the refrigerator
takes some weight off the leveling screws and rollers. This makes
it easier to adjust the screws.
3. Open both doors again and check to make sure that they close
as easily as you like. If not, tilt the refrigerator slightly more to the
rear by turning both leveling screws to the right. It may take
several more turns, and you should turn both leveling screws the
4. Replace the base grille.
If the space between your doors looks uneven, you can adjust it
using the instructions below:
1. Pry off the top hinge cover.
2. Loosen the top hinge screws using a
3. Have someone hold the door in place or put a spacer between
the doors while you tighten the top hinge screws.
4. Replace the top hinge cover.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
Gather the required tools and parts before starting installation.
" Socket wrench or nut
" socket or wrench.
" Socket wrench or nut
Rigid Casters (2)
Swivel Casters (2)
1. Before you begin, turn the refrigerator control OFF.
2. Unplug refrigerator or disconnect power.
3. Remove food and any adjustable shelves and bins from
4. Open the lower compartment door and remove the base grille.
Remove the grille by grasping the grille with both hands, lifting up
and pulling bottom of the grille toward you.
5. Place the plastic skids (shipped with the refrigerator) on the floor
at least 3 ft (91.44 cm) apart. Lay a piece of cardboard or other
protective material over the skids. This will elevate the
refrigerator to allow for easier caster installation and also protect
it from scratches.
NOTE: If the skids have been discarded or are not available,
2" x 4" boards may be used.
6. Place the refrigerator on its side on top of the cardboard or
protective material. Make sure the door hinge is facing upward.
IMPORTANT: It is important that the door hinge face upward
during the entire caster installation.
A. Top hinge
B. Center hinge
7. Remove the casters and fasteners from the box.
8. Locate and remove the caster brackets from the FeaturePak.
" hex-head bolts, attach one rigid caster and
one swivel caster to each caster bracket. The rigid caster fits the
front of the bracket and the swivel caster fits on the rear.
¼—20 x 1 " Self-tapping
hex-head bolts (4)
¼—20 x 1 " lock
Caster brackets (located in
Plastic skids (shipped with