5. EXTERNAL VIEW / PARTS LIST 6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART 7. SPECIAL NOTES ON SERVICING IN ASIA 8. PRODUCT TECHNICAL INFORMATION APPENDIX 1: SERVICE TEST PRINT 1 PRINT SAMPLE APPENDIX 2: iP2000 EEPROM INFORMATION PRINT SAMPLE QY8-13A1-000 Rev. 00 August 6, 2004 Canon Inc.
2. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS 2-1. Printer Main Unit Specifications Paper feeding method ASF and front sheet feeder Resolution 4,800 x 1,200 dpi (max.) Printing speed (ASF) Draft Standard BK (FINE_BK) 20 ppm 14.4 ppm CL (FINE_CL) 14 ppm 7.3 ppm Printing direction Bi-directional / Uni-directional (automatically switched according to print data and print mode) Draft mode print duty...
(2-1. Printer Main Unit Specifications cont’d) External dimensions With the paper support and front sheet feeder Approx. 418 (W) x 510 (D) x 315 (H) mm extended With the paper support and front sheet feeder Approx. 418 (W) x 260 (D) x 169 (H) mm retracted Weight Approx.
Print head not installed or failure has After confirming that the print head is for the occurred in the print head. iP2000 (QY6-0054), re-install the print head, and (Non-supported print head (see page 4) is close the front cover. installed or print head EEPROM data is If not recovered, with the print head installed, abnormal.)
3-3. Ink Low Warning (Ink low warnings are displayed by the Status Monitor only when the remaining ink level detection is enabled, and no Status Monitor display when disabled.) Note: The Status Monitor display in the table below is for Windows. Warning Display by Status Monitor Ink low warning 1 (approx.
4. ADJUSTMENT / SETTINGS 4-1. User Mode Function Procedures Remarks Print head manual - Cleaning both black and color: cleaning See “Standalone printer operation” below. - Cleaning black or color separately, or both black and color: Perform from the printer driver’s Maintenance tab.
Set a sheet of A4-, letter-, or larger-sized - Destination procedures” below. paper. - ROM version For print sample, see APPENDIX 2, iP2000 - Waste ink amount EEPROM INFORMATION PRINT SAMPLE. - Total number of sheets fed EEPROM initialization See “Service mode operation The following items are NOT initialized: procedures”...
<Waste ink counter reset procedures> In the waste ink counter resetting mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the ink counter reset value listed in the table below, and press the Power button. Time(s) Waste ink counter value 0 times Green Reset the main waste ink counter (0%).
Parts List Common Part Number Rank Q'ty Description Remark parts QY6-0054-000 PRINT HEAD QC1-5041-000 PAPER SUPPORT TRAY QC1-5040-000 PAPER SUPPORT QM2-1674-000 UPPER COVER UNIT QC1-5038-000 SIDE COVER L QC1-5039-000 SIDE COVER R QC1-5055-000 PANEL COVER R QC1-5056-000 PANEL COVER L QC1-5037-000 ACCESS COVER QM2-1735-000...
6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART 6-1. Printer Main Unit Troubleshooting Flowchart (how to confirm printer operation at refurbishment) See 4-2. Service Mode for Service mode details. Service Call Error? Open front cover, and install print head Service Call Error? <Service test print check items> See 4-2.
6-2. Print Head Troubleshooting Flowchart (print head operation confirmation) Connect to computer Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? Print head cleaning Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? Print head deep cleaning Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? Print head deep cleaning Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? Replace ink tanks Nozzle check pattern printing...
7-1. Resetting the Main and Platen Waste Ink Counters The iP2000 has separate waste ink counters for the main waste ink absorber and the platen waste ink absorber, respectively. At waste ink absorber replacement, in the service mode, reset the applicable waste ink counter according to the replaced waste ink absorber.
8. PRODUCT TECHNICAL INFORMATION 8-1. FAQ (Problems specific to the iP2000 and corrective actions) Function Phenomenon Possible Call / Claim Corrective action Cause Installation Carriage error (LED blinks - LED blinks alternately in orange and Remove the packing material fixing the...
(8-1. FAQ (Problems specific to the iP1000 and corrective actions) cont’d) Function Phenomenon Possible Call / Claim Corrective action Cause Image Smearing on printed side. - Smear on the printed side of paper 1. Correct the paper curl. The edge of paper rises due when paper quality - Cannot print properly 2.
8-2. Major Functions (1) Borderless printing (up to A4 and LTR sizes) <Possible problems with this function> - Smearing on the address side of postcards in continuous borderless printing on the message side. -> Perform bottom plate cleaning, and clean the ribs on the platen. - Smearing on the backside of paper in continuous borderless printing.
<Possible problems with this function> - Due to user error, the actual remaining ink level does not match the indicated remaining ink level, resulting in “ink out”, etc. User error: Forgetting to reset the ink counter / ink counter reset other than when replacing ink tanks.
I: Print head alignment of small nozzles in color bi-directional printing J: Print head alignment between cyan large and small nozzles K: Print head alignment between magenta large and small nozzles Perform from the printer driver’s Maintenance tab. (At initial set-up by the user, notice to perform the print head alignment is displayed in the Status Monitor.) <Possible problems with this function>...
APPENDIX 1: SERVICE TEST PRINT 1 PRINT SAMPLE Check item 1 (Non-ejection of ink): Total area of the sample below Check item 2 (Top of form) EEPROM information print -> See below for details. C nozzle check pattern (5 pl) M nozzle check pattern (5 pl) Y nozzle check pattern (5 pl) BK nozzle check pattern...