Attention: When removing a drive, always use two hands to support its weight.
Attention: Drives are fragile. Handle them as little as possible to prevent damage to them.
3. Align the drive from the old chassis with the same bay opening in the new chassis.
4. Gently push the drive into the chassis as far as it will go.
The cam handle engages and begins to rotate upward.
5. Firmly push the drive the rest of the way into the chassis, and then lock the cam handle by pushing it up
and against the drive holder.
Be sure to close the cam handle slowly so that it aligns correctly with the front of the drive carrier. It click
when it is secure.
6. Repeat the process for the remaining drives in the system.
Replacing a chassis from within the equipment rack or system cabinet
You must remove the existing chassis from the equipment rack or system cabinet before you can install the
1. Remove the screws from the chassis mount points.
2. With the help of two or three people, slide the old chassis off the rack rails in a system cabinet or L
brackets in an equipment rack, and then set it aside.
3. If you are not already grounded, properly ground yourself.
4. Using two or three people, install the replacement chassis into the equipment rack or system cabinet by
guiding the chassis onto the rack rails in a system cabinet or L brackets in an equipment rack.
5. Slide the chassis all the way into the equipment rack or system cabinet.
6. Secure the front of the chassis to the equipment rack or system cabinet, using the screws you removed
from the old chassis.
Installing the controller
After you install the controller module and any other components into the new chassis, boot it to a state
where you can run the interconnect diagnostic test.
About this task
For HA pairs with two controller modules in the same chassis, the sequence in which you install the controller
module is especially important because it attempts to reboot as soon as you completely seat it in the chassis.
1. If you are not already grounded, properly ground yourself.
2. Align the end of the controller module with the opening in the chassis, and then gently push the controller
module halfway into the system.
Note: Do not completely insert the controller module in the chassis until instructed to do so.
3. Recable the console to the controller module, and then reconnect the management port.
4. Repeat the preceding steps if there is a second controller to install in the new chassis.
5. Complete the installation of the controller module:
| Replacing the chassis |