IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this Vac, always follow basic safety
precautions including the following:
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
• Read and understand this manual and all labels on the
Vac before operating.
• Use only as described in this manual.
• Do not leave Vac running while unattended - you may fail
to notice important signs indicating abnormal operation
such as loss of suction, debris/liquid exiting exhaust, or
abnormal motor noises. Immediately stop using Vac if you
notice these signs.
• Do not leave Vac when plugged in. Unplug from outlet
when not in use and before servicing.
• Sparks inside the motor can ignite flammable vapors or
dust. To reduce the risk of fire or explosion, do not use near
combustible liquids, gases, or dusts, such as gasoline or
other fuels, lighter fluid, cleaners, oil-based paints, natural
gas, coal dust, magnesium dust, grain dust, aluminum dust,
or gun powder.
• Do not vacuum anything that is burning or smoking, such as
cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
• To avoid the risk of self-ignition of drum debris, empty drum
after each use. Combustible materials, such as rags or saw
dust containing stain or urethane, can be sources of such
• Do not vacuum drywall dust, cold fireplace ash, or other fine
dusts with standard filter. These may pass through the filter
and be exhausted back into the air. Use a fine dust filter
• To reduce the risk of inhaling toxic vapors, do not vacuum or
use near toxic or hazardous materials.
• This Wet/Dry Vac is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or
mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible
for their safety.
• To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not expose to rain or
allow liquid to enter motor compartment. Store indoors.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is
necessary when used by or near children.
• Do not use with a torn filter or without the filter
installed except when vacuuming liquids as described
in this manual. Dry debris ingested by the impeller may
damage the motor or be exhausted into the air.
• Turn off Vac before unplugging.
• To reduce the risk of injury from accidental starting,
unplug power cord before changing or cleaning filter.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the
plug, not the cord.
• Do not use with damaged cord, plug, or other parts.
If your Vac is not working as it should, has missing parts,
has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped
into water, call customer service at 1-888-331-4569
• Do not handle plug, switch, or the Vac with wet hands.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as handle, close a
door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
Do not run Vac over cord. Keep cord away from heated
• Use only extension cords that are rated for outdoor
use. Extension cords in poor condition or too small in
wire size can pose fire and shock hazards. To reduce
the risk of these hazards, be sure the cord is in good
condition and that liquid does not contact the connection.
Do not use an extension cord with conductors smaller
than 1,3 mm
(16 AWG) in size.
• This Vac is double-insulated, eliminating the need
for a separate grounding system. Use only identical
replacement parts. Read the instructions for Servicing
Double-Insulated Wet/Dry Vacs.
• Do not put any object into ventilation openings. Do not
vacuum with any ventilation openings blocked; keep
free of dust, lint, hair, or anything that may reduce air
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body
away from openings and moving parts.
• To reduce the risk of falls, use extra care when cleaning
• To reduce the risk of back injury or falls, do not lift a Vac
that is heavy with liquid or debris. Partially empty by
scooping debris or draining liquid.
• To reduce the risk of personal injury or damage to Vac,
use only CRAFTSMAN recommended accessories.
• When using as a blower:
- Direct air discharge only at work area.
- Do not direct air at bystanders.
- Keep children away when blowing.
- Do not use blower for any job except blowing dirt and
- Do not use as a sprayer.
• To reduce the risk of eye injury, wear safety eyewear.
The operation of any utility Vac or blower can result in
foreign objects being blown into the eyes, which can
result in severe eye damage.
• To reduce the risk of being struck by, or pulled down
by, a rolling Vac, block the casters when using on any
uneven or sloped surface.