Installation and Power Limited Wiring Instructions
Enclosure for the MXL/MXLV Control Panel
Model MLE-6 from Siemens Industry, Inc. is a
large-size enclosure for the MXL/MXLV System.
The enclosure consists of a backbox and front
door that is shipped assembled. Note that the
backbox has a flanged lip to permit semi-flush
mounting in addition to the usual surface
Consider the following when mounting the
• Mounting height for visual and manual
access to the MKB-2 Keyboard/annunciator
• Weight and size of enclosure
• Local mounting codes
Fasten the backbox securely to a clean, dry,
shock-free, and vibration-free surface. MLE-6
enclosure is for indoor use only in dry environ-
ments. Position the backbox clear of obstruc-
tions so that the front door opens freely and so
that the indicators and controls are easily
NOTE: When the backbox is mounted semi-
flush, be sure that the position of the
backbox permits the front door to
swing fully open.
To install the MLE-6 backbox:
(Refer to Figure 1.)
1. Slip the front door off the hinges of the box
and put it to one side temporarily.
2. Remove the knockouts in the backbox
where field wiring is required.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Building Technologies Division
Florham Park, NJ
Mounting the Backbox
3. Hold the empty backbox against the wall at a
height that provides easy access.
4. Mark drill points on the wall in the center of the
two slots on the upper rear of the backbox.
5. Drill the two holes and screw in the top bolts,
leaving a gap between the wall and the rear
of each bolt head.
6. Mount the backbox on the two bolts and then
install the bottom bolts in the two holes provided.
7. Tighten all bolts securely against the back
wall of the backbox.
8. Slip the front door back on the hinges of the
backbox (See Figure 2).
Siemens Building Technologies, Ltd.
Fire Safety & Security
2 Kenview Boulevard
L6T 5E4 Canada