• Do not allow children or animals to come
near the work area or to touch the
appliance or power supply cord.
• Close supervision is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
• Never leave an appliance unattended
when in use.
• Do not allow the cord set to hang over
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.
• Switch off and remove the plug from the
socket before leaving the appliance
unattended and before changing,
cleaning or inspecting any parts of the
• When not in use, the appliance should
be stored in a dry place. children should
not have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may affect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorized
• Before use, check the power supply cord
for signs of damaged, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or main plug is damaged or
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or its
service agent or a similarly qualified
person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Do not cut the power supply cord and do
not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those specified in this
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance.
Take it to your nearest Black & Decker -
owned or authorized Services Centre for
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the power supply
corresponds to the voltage on the rating
Extension cables & class 1 product
If an extension lead is required a 3 core
cable must be used as your appliance is
earthed and of class 1 construction.