3. Insert all the dry ingredients into the workbowl.
4. Place cover on workbowl. dd wide-mouth feed chute and food pusher.
Process to blend.
5. dd liquids through the small feed chute with machine running.
HOW TO SLICE OR SHRED IN WORkBOWL
1. Lock workbowl into position (see Illustrations B and C).
2. Place disc stem onto center post in workbowl.
3. Carefully place slice/shred disc on stem with appropriate side up (depending
on work to be done).
Caution: The blade attachments are very sharp. Use caution when handling and
4. Place cover on workbowl and lock into place by rotating cover clockwise (see
5. Fill feed chute with food. Select regular opening or wide-mouth, depending
upon size of food to be processed. Position food pusher over food (H).
6. Select PULSE (P), LOW or HIGH; press firmly on food pusher to guide food
through processor, but do not force it.
Note: Heavy pressure on the pusher does not speed the work; use the pusher only
as a guide. Let the processor do the work.
7. When finished, press OFF/PULSE (O/P) and wait for disc to stop rotating before
removing cover. Twist cover toward
8. Carefully remove slice/shred disc. Unlock workbowl by turning it
counterclockwise and lifting it off the base.
9. Unplug appliance when not in use.
Helpful Tips When Slicing and Shredding:
• Before slicing round fruits and vegetables in the processor, cut a thin slice from
the bottom so food will be more stable. Place food cut side down in feed chute.
lways remove seeds and pits before processing.
• Select foods that are firm and not overripe.
• Remove the core from hard vegetables, such as cabbage.
• When slicing thinner vegetables, cut them just short of the length of the feed
chute and stand them vertically in feed chute so they are solidly packed and
cannot turn or tilt.
• Shred hard cheeses at room temperature.
• Soft and semi-hard cheeses should be well chilled before shredding.
fter food has been processed, remove the cover and invert on countertop.
Remove the slice/shred disc before removing the workbowl from the processor.
Place the disc on top of the inverted workbowl cover.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Note: Do not attempt to sharpen the cutting edges of the blades or discs. They are
permanently sharpened at the factory and will be ruined by attempted sharpening.
C RE ND CLE NING
Note: Before cleaning, be sure unit is turned off and cord is unplugged.
• Completely disassemble processor parts before washing.
• Whenever possible, rinse parts immediately after processing for easy cleanup.
• Wipe base and feet with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Stubborn spots can
be removed by rubbing with a damp cloth and a mild, nonabrasive cleaner. Do
not immerse base in liquid.
ll removable parts can be washed by hand or in a dishwasher. Hand washing
of plastic parts will help to maintain the processor's appearance.
• If washing by hand, fill workbowl with hot soapy water and rapidly raise and
lower the cutting blade and discs up and down on the center shaft.
• If your sink has a sprayer nozzle, you will find it helpful in rinsing the blades.
• If washing in a dishwasher, place removable parts on top rack only – not in or
near utensil basket.
• Some staining of parts may occur. Make a paste of 2 tablespoons baking soda/
1 tablespoon water. pply to stains and let stand overnight. Rinse and dry.
• Do not use rough scouring pads or cleansers on any plastic or metal parts.
• Do not allow blades or discs to soak in water for long periods of time.
• Remove the workbowl cover and blade. Invert an empty 35-mm film canister
over the hole in the workbowl. Fill with hot, soapy water and allow to soak.
• Remember to clean the internal shaft of the chopping blade; use a baby bottle
brush to remove any clogged food particles.
• If you are having trouble closing the cover over the workbowl, apply a small
amount of vegetable oil to the rim of the cover and workbowl. This should
make the pieces work smoother when attaching the cover to the bowl.