Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may affect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance
yourself, instead have any damaged or
defective parts repaired or replaced by
an authorised repair agent.
• Before use, check the power supply
cord for signs of damage, ageing and
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or mains plug is damaged
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the power
supply corresponds to the voltage on the
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised Black & Decker Service Centre
in order to avoid a hazard.
To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the cord, plug or appliance in
water or other liquid.
Extension cables & class 1 product
If an extension lead is required a 3 core
cable must be used as your appliance is
earthed and of class 1 construction.
• Up to 30m (100ft) can be used without
loss of power.
• Power plugs must match the outlet.
never modify the plug in anyway. Do not
use any adapter plugs with earthed
(Class 1) appliances. Unmodiﬁed plugs
and matching outlets will reduce the risk
of electric shock.
Speciﬁc safety requirements of the grill
• Always attach the thermostat power
lead to the grill before plugging the cord
into the mains outlet.
• Do not use the grill without the base
• Always use the base to collect fats and
• Do not immerse the thermostat power
lead into water or any other liquid.
• Do not touch grill / griddle plates –
always use the handles.
• The grill / griddle plate will get hot
during use and will remain hot for a
period of time after use.
• Before taking the grill to the table to
serve, remove the thermostat power
• Extreme caution must be used when
moving an appliance containing hot oil
or other hot liquids.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner or in a heated oven.
• Always use plastic, rubber or wooden
utensils when cooking or serving. If
using metal utensils, be careful not to
scrape the non stick ﬁnish.
• We recommend this unit is not used to
1. Grill / Griddle plate
4. Drip tray
5. Thermostat power lead
6. Thermostat control wheel
7. Power on lamp