Before ﬁrst use
• Remove all packaging from the
• Clean the appliance before ﬁrst use.
• Place the unit on a suitable ﬂat surface.
• Ensure the grill / griddle plate (1) is
positioned onto the base (3).The drip
tray (4) should be in the bottom of the
• Plug the thermostat power lead (2) into
the appliance inlet on the grill unit. This
is located beneath one of the grill
handles (2). The arrow shaped white
power on lamp (7) on the unit will light
• Turn the thermostat control wheel (6) on
the thermostat power lead to the
desired heat. The desired heat setting
should line up with the arrow shaped
power on lamp.
• The thermostat control will maintain the
heat at this setting.
• Preheat the grill as described above.
• The cooking plate has a non stick
coating however it is also advisable to
lightly brush the grill / griddle plate with
butter, margarine or cooking oil to
prevent food sticking.
• Ensure the unit is at the correct cooking
• Add food to the grill / griddle plate.
• The cooking time will vary depending
upon the food type and thickness.
• Check and turn the food regularly to
• Switch off and remove the plug from the
socket before leaving the appliance
unattended and before changing,
cleaning or inspecting any parts of the
• When not in use, the appliance should
be stored in a dry place. Children
should not have access to stored
Cleaning and maintenance
Warning! Before cleaning and
maintenance, switch the appliance off,
remove the plug from the socket and allow
the appliance to cool.
Warning! Do not immerse the appliance or
the cord set or the plug in water or any
• Do not wash any part of the unit in a
• Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth.
• Do not use scouring pads.
• If necessary, use a mild detergent to
remove spots. Do not use any abrasive
or solvent based cleaner.