Only a qualified person must
install this appliance.
Prior to installation, ensure
that the local distribution
conditions (nature of the gas
and gas pressure) and the
adjustment of the appliance
• Remove all the packaging.
• Do not install or use a damaged
• Follow the installation instruction
supplied with the appliance.
• Keep the minimum distance from the
other appliances and units.
• Always take care when moving the
appliance as it is heavy. Always use
safety gloves and enclosed footwear.
• Seal the cut surfaces with a sealant to
prevent moisture to cause swelling.
• Protect the bottom of the appliance
from steam and moisture.
• Do not install the appliance adjacent
to a door or under a window. This
prevents hot cookware to fall from the
appliance when the door or the
window is opened.
• If the appliance is installed above
drawers make sure that the space,
between the bottom of the appliance
and the upper drawer, is sufficient for
• The bottom of the appliance can get
hot. Make sure to install a non-
combustible separation panel under
the appliance to prevent access to the
2.2 Electrical Connection
Risk of fire and electrical
• All electrical connections should be
made by a qualified electrician.
• The appliance must be earthed.
• Before carrying out any operation
make sure that the appliance is
disconnected from the power supply.
• Make sure that the electrical
information on the rating plate agrees
with the power supply. If not, contact
• Make sure the appliance is installed
correctly. Loose and incorrect
electricity mains cable or plug (if
applicable) can make the terminal
become too hot.
• Use the correct electricity mains
• Do not let the electricity mains cable
• Make sure that a shock protection is
• Use the strain relief clamp on the
• Make sure the mains cable or plug (if
applicable) does not touch the hot
appliance or hot cookware, when you
connect the appliance to the near
• Do not use multi-plug adapters and
• Make sure not to cause damage to
the mains plug (if applicable) or to the
mains cable. Contact our Authorised
Service Centre or an electrician to
change a damaged mains cable.
• The shock protection of live and
insulated parts must be fastened in
such a way that it cannot be removed
• Connect the mains plug to the mains
socket only at the end of the
installation. Make sure that there is
access to the mains plug after the
• If the mains socket is loose, do not
connect the mains plug.
• Do not pull the mains cable to
disconnect the appliance. Always pull
the mains plug.
• Use only correct isolation devices: line
protecting cut-outs, fuses (screw type
fuses removed from the holder), earth
leakage trips and contactors.
• The electrical installation must have
an isolation device which lets you
disconnect the appliance from the
mains at all poles. The isolation
device must have a contact opening
width of minimum 3 mm.
2.3 Gas connection
• All gas connections should be made
by a qualified person.