Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Water reservoir lid
2. Interior water marker
† 3. Removable brew basket (inside)
† 4. Carafe lid (Part# UCM7-02)
† 5. 10-Cup/50 oz. (1440 ml) carafe
6. Nonstick "Keep Hot" plate
7. 1-4 cup brew option
8. LED display
9. Programmable clock timer with auto off
10. Sneak-A-Cup interrupt feature
11. Interior water marker
†Consumer replaceable/removable parts
1. PROG button
2. HOUR button
3. MIN button
4. AM/PM indicator lights
5. Digital clock/timer display
6. ON/OFF button
7. On/Off indicator light
8. 1-4 cup brew indicator light
9. 1-4 cup brew button
10. AUTO indicator light
11. AUTO button
How to Use
This product is for household use only.
1. Remove all stickers, packing material, and literature.
2. Wash the carafe, carafe lid and brew basket in warm sudsy water—rinse
thoroughly. These parts are also top rack, dishwasher safe.
CLEANING BEFORE FIRST USE
Cycle the unit once with water to help remove any sediment.
1. Open water reservoir lid and pour cold water into water
reservoir. Do not overfill (A).
2. Close the reservoir lid.
3. Follow steps (6-8) in "Brewing Coffee" (Do not use
ground coffee or a paper filter).
4. When cycle is finished discard water from the carafe.
SETTING THE CLOCK
To set the current time of day:
1. Plug in the coffeemaker. The display indicates 12:00 a.m. until the time is set.
a. Press the HOUR button until you see the correct time. The left corner of the
display indicates A.M./P.M.
b. Press the MIN button to select the correct minutes. The clock is set and will
continue to keep correct time.
Note: Unplugging the unit will reset the clock to 12:00.
You do not have to set the clock or program the coffeemaker to brew coffee.
1. Open water reservoir lid.
2. Use the carafe to fill the water reservoir with cold water to the desired level.
3. Place filter inside paper filter basket and add coffee to be brewed (usually one
heaping tablespoon per every cup. Adjust to taste). Replace filter basket. Make
sure brew basket is locked in place.
4. Replace empty carafe and be sure it is "seated" in unit.
5. Plug in the coffeemaker.
6. Press ON/OFF button. "On" appears at upper right. (To set timer for AUTO ON,
see Setting the Clock/Timer.)
7. If you are brewing less than 4 cups, fill the water tank to the 4-cup level and
press the ON/OFF button to begin brewing then press the 1-4 cup brew
strength button. A steady light illuminates. The light remains on until the
brewing process is completed and the coffeemaker is manually turned off
or until it shuts off after 2 hours.
8. If you want a stronger brew for more than 4 cups, prepare filter and water level
for desired quantity and press the 1-4 cup brew strength button. Otherwise, if
you are brewing more than 4 cups, press the ON/OFF button to begin brewing.
The steady ON light illuminates.