How to Use
This product is for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
• Remove all packing material, and any stickers from the product.
• Remove and save literature.
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in C Re nD CLe nIng section of
Open one-piece cover and insert empty paper filter into
removable filter basket (C).
• Pour fresh cold water up to 12-cup level mark into the
water reservoir (D).
• Uncoil power cord and plug into standard electrical
• Brew water through appliance following the "Brewing
Coffee" instructions without adding coffee grounds.
This removes any dust or residue that may remain in the
system during the manufacturing process.
• Discard the water from the carafe and the paper filter from brew basket.
• Turn off the appliance; unplug it and allow appliance to cool down.
1. Open the one-piece cover of the coffeemaker.
2. Fill carafe with desired amount of cold tap water using
water markings on carafe; pour into water reservoir.
Do not exceed the 12-cup maximum level (E).
3. Insert removable filter basket into filter basket holder.
4. Place basket-style paper filter into the removable filter
dd desired amount of ground coffee. We suggest one
heaping tablespoon per cup (F).
6. Close one-piece cover securely.
7. Place brew-thru lid on empty carafe and place carafe on
the "Keep Hot" plate.
NOTE: Coffee may overflow if brew-thru lid is not properly
8. Plug cord into standard electrical outlet.
9. Press On/OFF button. The POWeR indicator lights up and brewing begins.
You do not have to set the clock if you want to brew coffee right away. For
delayed brewing see "Delayed Brewing" instructions.
10. To keep coffee hot, replace carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate when not serving
coffee. The coffeemaker will keep coffee warm for 2 hours before
automatically shutting off.
11. Once coffee grounds have cooled, carefully open one-piece cover to expose
filter basket and using basket handle, remove and discard used grounds and
paper filter. Close one-piece cover.
12. Unplug appliance when not in use.
SNE K- -CUP
INTERUPT FE TURE
The Sneak- -Cup
feature allows you to pour a cup of coffee from the carafe
while the coffee is brewing. When the carafe is removed, the brewing process
is paused. Simply replace the carafe on the carafe plate within 30 seconds and
SETTING THE CLOCK
1. Plug appliance into standard electrical outlet.
2. The digital clock display flashes 12:00 .M. until
correct time is programmed into appliance (G).
The coffeemaker will brew coffee without the clock
3. To set correct time of day: Press HOUR button until
the correct time appears on the display. Repeat process
with MIn button.
NOTE: For .M. there is no light showing on the digital display. For P.M. there
is a small light in the left top corner of the display by the P.M. signage.
TIP: Holding the button down makes the hours and minutes change rapidly after
a short delay; tapping changes the time in 1 hour and 1 minute increments.
NOTE: The coffeemaker will continue to keep time unless unplugged or power
is interrupted even momentarily; the time will need to be reset. (Follow steps 1-3).
DEL YED BREWING
1. Follow steps 1 through 8 under "Brewing Coffee."
2. The digital clock displays the time of day.
3. Press the PROgR M button and the light on the right top corner of the digital
display begins blinking to indicate programming is being set.
4. To set the UTO BREW TIME: Press HOUR then the MIn button to select the
time you would like the coffee to automatically begin brewing (for example,
5. Press the PROgR M button again. The light at the top right of the digital
display begins flashing. The delayed brewing is set.
6. Press the UTO button to activate the delayed brewing. The light at the top
right of the digital display becomes constant.
7. To check the preset auto time, press the PROgR M button and it will display
the time selected for delay brewing to begin. Press the UTO button again to
re-activate the UTO BReW.
8. t the preset time, the POWeR light comes on and the coffeemaker begins
9. To cancel the UTO brew, press the POWeR button. ll lights are off. The
time of day is still visible on the digital display.