Catalog Number BV1500
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
•Before operating, make sure the interlock is actuated. See instructions entitled
"Interlock - Extremely Important".
•If suction significantly decreases, unplug the unit and check for clogs in suction tube,
collection bag and vac. See "Maintenance" for more information.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE
GARANTÍA. ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL
Form No. 387739
Cat. # BV1500
Copyright © 1998 Black & Decker
Printed in U.S.A.
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions and
other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
When using an electric appliance, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER/VAC
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical replacement parts. See
instructions for servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up place - out of
reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance. Follow instructions for
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower/vac. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs, maintenance, and
adjustments should be performed by
Black & Decker service centers or authorized service stations, always using Black & Decker replacement
• DO NOT operate blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools normally spark,
and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Not
recommended for use by children.
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped,
damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord
away from heated surfaces.
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and
everything that may reduce air flow.
• KEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• TURN OFF all controls before unplugging.
• DO NOT vacuum water, other liquids, or wet objects such as leaves. Never immerse any part of the tool in
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEP CHILDREN, BYSTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum of 30 feet (10 meters)
when starting or operating the tool.
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as rocks, glass, wire, etc.
that can ricochet, be thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage during operation. As a vacuum, the tool is
designed to pick up dry material such as leaves, grass, small twigs, and bits of paper. Do not vacuum stones,
gravel, metal, broken glass, etc.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not use on wet surfaces.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS