IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, USER MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND
THIS INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL. THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT
INFORMATION REGARDING THE OPERATION AND WARRANTY OF THIS
PRODUCT. PLEASE RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. When working with lead acid batteries, always make sure immediate
assistance is available in case of accident or emergency.
2. Always use protective clothing and eyewear when using this product, contact
with battery acid may cause blindness and/or severe burns. Be aware of first
aid procedures in case of accidental contact with battery acid.
3. There is a risk of explosive gases being released when lead acid batteries are
being charged or discharged. Failure to follow instructions may cause property
damage, explosive hazard, and/or personal injury.
4. Make sure the power switch is OFF before connecting battery clamps to
5. When charging unit from a 120 volt AC electrical outlet, in any wet or damp
area, make sure that the outlet used is protected by a ground fault interrupt
6. When charging the unit near water, do not allow the electrical cords and
outlets to get wet; electrical shock could result.
7. Jump-start procedures should only be performed in a safe, dry, well-ventilated
8. Always store battery clamps when not in use. Never touch battery clamps
together – this can cause dangerous sparks, power arcing, and/or explosion.
9. When using this unit in proximity to the vehicleʼs battery and engine, stand the
unit on a flat, stable surface, and be sure to keep all clamps, cords, clothing
and body parts away from moving vehicle components.
10. Do not wear vinyl clothing when jump-starting a vehicle-friction can cause
dangerous static electricity sparks. Remove all jewelry or metal objects that
could cause short circuits or react with battery acid.
11. Always disconnect the negative (black) jumper cable first: followed by the
positive (red) jumper cable.
12. Never allow red and black clamps to touch each other or another common
metal conductor – this could cause damage to the unit and/or create sparking/
explosion hazard. Always store battery clamps when not in use.
13. Do not expose battery to fire or intense heat as it may explode. Before
disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with heavy-duty electrical
tape to prevent shorting (shorting can result in injury or fire).
14. Do not smoke, use matches or cigarette lighters while working on a vehicleʼs
15. All wires, cables, and cords must be positioned so they cannot be tripped over
or damaged by moving parts, pinching or abrading.
16. NEVER ATTEMPT TO JUMP-START A FROZEN BATTERY.
Note: Read this manual and product labeling carefully before using.
Follow recommended warnings, cautions and safety procedures; as
well as manufacturer's guidelines for your vehicle battery.
Skin: If battery acid comes in contact with skin, rinse immediately with water, then
wash thoroughly with soap and water. If redness, pain, or irritation occurs, seek
immediate medical attention.
Eyes: If battery acid comes in contact with eyes, flush eyes immediately for a
minimum of 15 minutes – seek immediate medical attention.
Use only the supplied adapters for recharging this unit. Recharge unit after
All on/off switches should be in the OFF position when the unit is charging
or not in use. Make sure all switches are in the OFF position before
connection to a power source or load.
This system is not designed to be used as a replacement for a vehicular
battery. Do not attempt to operate a vehicle that does not have a battery
Although this unit contains a non-spillable battery, it is recommended that
it be kept upright during storage, use and recharging. To avoid possible
damage that may shorten the unit's working life, protect it from direct
sunlight, direct heat and/or moisture.
Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Replace worn or defective parts
immediately; contact the Customer Service Department at 1 800-544-6986.
Never submerge this unit in water, or expose it to rain or snow.
Keep unit out of reach of children (whether stored or in use).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS