160992A0MC 04-14_1364 1365 4/28/14 10:35 AM Page 11
REVERSING FIRE DIRECTION
We strongly recommend having this task
performed by an authorized Bosch Service
1. Disconnect the plug from the power source.
2. Remove abrasive or diamond wheel and
flanges (Fig. 1).
3. Remove the auxiliary handle mounting
bolts with 22mm open end wrench (not
included). Remove auxiliary handle (Fig. 4).
4. Loosen wing nuts enough to allow screw
heads to slide out of foot plate mounting
holes provided in guard, and remove foot
plate (Fig. 4).
5. Loosen guard securing cap screw (Fig. 5)
and remove the guard in order to access the
four gear housing screws. Note: Guard
securing cap screw threads are purposely
upset at the end of the screw so that it
cannot be completely removed from the
guard. To remove the guard rotate it to align
the two locating tabs on the guard with two
locating notches on the shoulder of the gear
housing (Fig. 1 and Fig. 5).
6. Remove the four gear housing screws and
rotate gear housing 180˚ (so that spindle is
perpendicular to the position of the switch).
Replace housing screws and securely tighten
screws (Fig. 6).
7. Replace the guard by aligning locating
tabs and notches (Fig. 5). Rotate the guard
for maximum protection of the operator and
FOOT PL TE
C P SCREW