High speed digital-analog converter module (210 pages)
Summary of Contents for Mitsubishi Electric MELSEC-A Series
Module with Heater Disconnection Detection Function (Hardware) Thank you for buying the Mitsubishi General Use PC MELSEC-A Series. Before use, please read this manual carefully and correctly operate the module with a sufficient understanding of the A series PC functions and performance.
10/F., Manulife Tower, 169 Electric Rd., North Point, Hong Kong. Phone : 8878870 Singapore (& Malaysia) MELCO Sales Singapore Pte. Ltd., (Industrial Division) 307 Alexandra Rd. #05-01/02, Mitsubishi Electric Bldg., Singapore 0315. Phone : 4732308 Thailand F.A. Tech Co., Ltd., 1138/33-34 Rama 3 Rd., Yannawa, Bangkok 10120.
Table of Contents SAFETY PRECAUTIONS About this Manual 1. General Description 2. Performance Specification 3. Name of Each Part 4. Handling 4.1 Precaution when handling 5. Wiring 5.1 Precaution when wiring 5.2 Module connection example 6. External Dimensions 6.1 A1S64TCRT-S1 6.2 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 7.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (Read these precautions before using.) When using Mitsubishi equipment, thoroughly read this manual and the associated manuals introduced in this manual. Also pay careful attention to safety and handle the module properly. These precautions apply only to Mitsubishi equipment. Refer to the CPU module user's manual for a description of the PC system safety precautions.
[DESIGN PRECAUTIONS] DANGER l Configure a safety circuit external to the PC, so that the entire system operates safely even if there is an external power error or if the PC is malfunctioning. (1) The external output are as shown below, depending on the output status setting in the external-output control setting mode: Please be careful when performing the setting.
[INSTALLATION PRECAUTIONS] CAUTION l Use the PC in the environment given in the general specifications of this manual. Using the PC outside the range of the general specifications may result in electric shock, fire or malfunction, or may damage or degrade the module. l Insert the tabs at the bottom of the module into the mounting holes in the base module before installing the module.
[STARTING AND MAINTENANCE PRECAUTIONS] DANGER l Do not touch the terminal before all phases of the power supply have been obstructed from the outside. It may cause erroneous operation. l Make sure all phases of the power supply have been obstructed from the outside before cleaning the module or retightening the screws.
About This Manual The following product manuals are available. Please use this table as a reference to request the appropriate manual as necessary. Detailed Manual Manual No. Manual Name (Model Code) A1S64TCRT-S1 Temperature Control Module A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Temperature Control Module with Heater IB-66756 Disconnection Detection Function (13JL03)
1. General Description This user’s manual describes the specification, name of each part, wiring, etc. of the following modules, which can be used with the MELSEC-A series AnS/QnAS CPU module (abbreviated as PC CPU from here on). A1S64TT-S1 Temperature Control Module...
2. Performance Specification The A1S64TC performance specification is indicated in Table 2.1. Table 2.1 A1S64TC performance specification Specification Item A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Control output value Transistor output Temperature input points 4-channel/module Supported platinum temperature-measuring re- See Table 2.2. sistor Ambient temperature 23°C ±5°C : (Set value ±0.3%) ±1 digit Specification accuracy Ambient temperature 0°C ±55°C...
Table 2.1 A1S64TC performance specification (continued) Specification Item A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Output signal ON/OFF Pulse Rated load voltage 10.2 to 30VDC 0.1A/point Maximum load current 0.4A/common Maximum inrush cur- 0.4A 10ms rent Transistor output Maximum current Less than 0.1mA when OFF Maximum voltage drop 0.1VDC (TYP) 0.1A when ON...
Remarks *: The contact phone number of URD, Ltd. is as follows: India AMTECH ELECTRONICS PVT. LTD. E-6, GIDC ELECTRONICS ZONE GANDHINAGAR 382044 INDIA Tel: 02712-25324 Fax: 02712-24611 Brazil DP GENCO INDUSTRIA E COMERCIO LTDA. Alameda Barao de Umeira, 739-sl. 2, 01202-002 Sao Paulo-SP, BRAZIL.
Singapore LEE LABORATORIES PTE., LTD. 21 Moonstone Lane #08-03 Poh Leng Building, SINGAPORE 1232 Tel: 297-2700 Fax: 297-2566 Hong Kong GRANDFIT TRADING LIMITED Room 1207. East Point Centre. 555 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, HONG KONG. Tel: 2782-0254 Fax: 2783-7198...
Table 2.2 The types of supported platinum temperature-measuring resistor and the measured temperature range ° ° C ° ° F Platinum tempera- Measured Data Measured Data ture-measuri temperature range resolution temperature range resolution ng resistor -200.0 to 600.0 -300 to 1100 Pt 100 -200.0 to 200.0 -300.0 to 300.0...
3. Name of Each Part A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 BR.W BR.W BR.W BR.W A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1...
Number Name Description A1S64TC operation status display ON: Normal operation in progress Flashing (2 sec. ON/2 sec. OFF) : Write data error [A1S64TCRT-S1] Flashing (1 sec. ON/1 sec. OFF) A1S64TCRT-S1 : Hardware error OFF: 5V power shutoff, Watchdog timer error Transistor output status display ON: Transistor output ON OFF: Transistor output OFF...
4. Handling Precaution when handling (1) The module case is made of plastic. Be sure not to drop it or subject it to strong vibration. (2) Do not remove the module printed circuit boards from the case. It may cause trouble. (3) When connecting the wiring, do not allow wire cuttings or other foreign matter to enter from the top of the module.
5. Wiring The precaution when wiring and the module connection example are shown below. Precaution when wiring In order to have the best result from the A1S64TC functions and to make the system highly reliable, an external cabling with low noise effects are necessary. The external wiring precautions are shown below: 1.
Module connection example 1. A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRT-S1 COM- DC24V Control target...
2. A1S64TCRTBW-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Current COM- sensor (CT) DC24V Control target * Refer to the following for the connection of the disconnection detector connector [ Connect to ] CH1 current sensor CH2 current sensor CH3 current sensor CH4 current sensor...
7. Appendix Appendix 1. I/O Signal List The A1S64TC uses 32 points for input and 32 points for output for the signal communication with the PC CPU. The I/O signal allocation and name of each signal are shown below. Device X indicates the input signal from the A1S64TC to the PC CPU, and device Y indicates the output signal from the PC CPU to the A1SJ64TC.
Appendix 2. Buffer Memory Allocation Address (Hex.) Buffer memory address name Setting/selection range CH1 CH2 CH3 CH4 Write data error code — Decimal point position — Alert details — Temperature process value (PV) — 10 Manipulation value (MV) — 14 Increased temperature determination flag —...
Default value (decimal) Write condition (read is always enabled) In the setup A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Always Not possible mode — — — — — — — — — — 30(3.0%) 240s — 1000(100.0%) 0(0%) 5(0.5%) 30(30s)
Address (Hex.) Buffer memory address name Setting/selection range CH1 CH2 CH3 CH4 0 : Auto(AUTO), 92 AUTO/MAN mode switch 1 : Manual(MAN) -50 to 1050 93 Manual output setting (-5.0% to 105.0%) 0 to 1000(0.0 to 94 Setting change rate limiter 100.0%min) ±Input range width 95 AT bias...
Default value (decimal) Write condition (read is always enabled) In the setup A1S64TCRT-S1 A1S64TCRTBW-S1 Always Not possible mode 6000 -2000 480s Appendix 3. Alert Occurrence Details When an alert occurs, the bit which corresponds to the error is set to “1” in the buffer memory address 5 to 8.
Bit number Alert details When PV exceeds the specified temperature measurement range in the in- put range When PV is below the specified temperature measurement range in the in- put range When the hardware error occurs Unused When alert alarm 1 is turned on When alert alarm 2 is turned on When alert alarm 3 is turned on When alert alarm 4 is turned on...
Appendix 4. Error Code List The error code for the A1S64TC is stored in the buffer memory address 0. The error code is stored in the lower 3 bits of address 0, and the buffer memory address where the error was detected is stored in the upper 8 bits. Error occurrence address Error code Table 4.1 Error code list...
Error Cause Actions taken when an error occurs Corrective action code Data write was The written data is retained as is. Write data within the executed outside of In case of the mode select item, the operation is allowed setting range. the allowed setting executed using the data prlor to the write operation.
Appendix 5. Troubleshooting Simple troubleshooting methods for the use of A1S64TC are described in this section. Refer to the PC CPU User’s Manual for the troubleshooting regarding the PC CPU. Appendix 5.1 Handling the A1S64TC errors The following table shows the processing details of the A1S64TC when an error occurs with the A1S64TC or PC CPU, or the PC CPU is changed from RUN to STOP.
Appendix 5.2 When the A1S64TC RUN LED flashes or turns OFF (1) When flashing Check item Corrective action 2sec. on/2sec. off Check the error code list in appendix 4 and correct the sequence program. Isn’t the write data error flag (X2) 1sec.
Appendix 5.4 When the temperature adjustment ready flag(X1) is not turned ON Check item Corrective action Check if the watchdog timer error Reset the PC CPU or turn the power off (X0) is on. and on. Replace the A1S64TC. Check if there is an error in the PC. Take steps by referring to the user’s manual of the used CPU.