V4055F,G FLUID POWER ACTUATOR WITH MANUAL CONTROL
Can cause explosion, serious injury or death.
1. Turn off gas supply before starting installation.
2. Disconnect power supply for valve actuator before
3. Install the valve so the arrow on the valve body
points in the gas flow direction.
The actuator is mounted directly on the valve bonnet after the
valve is installed in the gas supply line. Refer to the instruction
sheet packed with the gas valve for details of installation.
When installing the valve, ensure that:
1. Sufficient clearance.is left for installation and service of
2. Ambient temperatures at the valve location will remain
within -40°F to +150°F (-40°C to +66°C).
Install Accessory Switches (If Needed)
A SPDT switch may be installed to operate an auxiliary load up
to 1/2 hp (0.37 kW). The switch may be adjusted to operate at
any point in the valve stroke.
A valve-closed indication switch may also be installed on any
V4055 actuator to provide a valve seal overtravel interlock
(valve-closed indication) when used with a V5055C or E valve
(with double seal).
FOR AUXILIARY SWITCH
Fig. 2. V4055 actuator with cover removed.
NOTE: A V5055A, B or D valve can also be fitted with a bon-
net assembly with 2 seals to provide a valve seal
The SPDT valve-closed indication switch is installed to make
or break a circuit when the valve is in the closed position. The
switch is not adjustable.
NOTE: Mark the actuator or valve to indicate any changes
To install the switches, proceed as follows:
1. Remove the actuator faceplate (2 screws).
2. Remove the silver-colored barrier to expose the actuator
3. Insert the auxiliary switch in the position indicated in Fig.
2. Fasten with 2 screws through the actuator base.
4. Insert the valve-closed indication switch in the position
shown in Fig. 2. The valve-closed indication switch
mounts against the side of the actuator housing. The
mounting holes are spaced to mount the switch only in
the correct position. Fasten with 2 screws through the
5. If only 1 switch is used, install the narrow barrier included
with the switch in the unused space.
6. Mount the actuator before making wiring connections
and adjustments to the switch.
EACH SWITCH SECURED
BY TWO SCREWS FROM
UNDERSIDE OF BASE
IF ONLY ONE SWITCH IS
USED, INSTALL BARRIER
IN OPEN POSITION