Playing an MD within your car stereo system
Turn down the volume of the car cassette deck and the recorder.
Set the tape selector to the normal (TYPE I ) position and the DOLBY NR,
REPEAT, or BLANK SKIP switch to OFF if they are equipped.
Insert the car connecting pack into the car cassette deck.
Start playback on the car cassette deck.
Start MD playback.
Adjust the volume
If no sound is heard or the car connecting pack is ejected, change playback direction on the car
To remove the car connecting pack, press the Z (eject) button of the car cassette deck.
• Never insert the cord end of the car connecting pack into the cassette insertion door. If you do, the cord
may break or the car cassette deck may be damaged.
• The car connecting pack may not work with some car cassette deck.
• The cord should be placed so that it does not hinder driving.
• To disconnect the cord from the recorder, pull it out by grasping the plug. Never pull the plug out by the
• With some car cassette decks, you may hear some rattling noise from the car connecting pack. However,
this is not a sign of malfunction.
• Sony guarantees only playback operations on the recorder during use with the car connecting pack.
Recording or charging operations are not guaranteed and should not be attempted.
Car connecting pack
• Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz (Differs depending on your car cassette deck)
• Dimensions: Approx. 102.4 × 12.1 × 63.8 mm (w/h/d) (4
• Mass: Approx. 42 g (1.5 oz)
• Cord length: 1.5 m
Printed in Malaysia
Operating Instructions — for the car kit
© 2003 Sony Corporation