Preparing the Remote Control Unit
Setting the batteries
1. Press the cover gently and slide it in the direction of the arrow.
2. See the instructions in the compartment and put in the supplied batteries (2 "AA" size batteries) with
their plus (+) and minus (-) sides oriented correctly.
3. Close the cover.
• The supplied batteries (2 "AA" size batteries) may become exhausted faster depending on the storage condition. It
is recommended that you replace them with new batteries (commercially available) earlier than speciﬁ ed.
• If you will not use the remote control for a long time, remove the batteries.
• If the remote control does not work, even with new batteries, take the batteries out, check whether they are facing
the right way, then replace them.
• Use manganese or alkaline batteries only.
Remote control operation range
The operation range of the remote control unit is approx. 16.4 feet (5 m) at an angle of approx 10° from
the center to the top/bottom/right/left of the remote control sensor.
• Do not expose the remote control unit to shock by dropping or stepping on it. This could lead to a
• Do not expose the remote control unit to liquids, and do not place it in an area with high humidity.
• The remote control unit may not work properly if the remote control sensor is under direct sunlight or
strong lighting. In such cases, change the angle of the lighting, or operate the remote control unit closer
to the remote control sensor.
• Objects between the remote control unit and the remote control sensor may prevent proper operation.
• Replace the batteries when they run low as this may shorten the remote control's operation range.
• If a ﬂ uorescent light is illuminated near the remote control unit, it may interfere with proper operation.
• Do not use it with the remote control of other equipment such as air conditioner, stereo components,
Remote control sensor