Connect one end of the mains lead to the AC input socket (back of the unit) and the other
end to an AC outlet.
The installed batteries are automatically disconnected when the mains lead is connected
to the unit.
The function switch is mounted on the secondary side. The unit is not disconnected from
mains, even switched off.
Install six "C/R14" batteries (not supplied).
Caution on batteries
To prevent battery electrolyte leakage, which may result in injury and damage to the unit
or other objects, observe the following precautions:
1. All batteries must be installed with the proper polarity (see diagram on the rear of the
2. Do not mix new with old or used batteries.
3. Only use batteries of the same type and brand.
4. Remove the batteries when they are not to be used for a long period time.
5. When the batteries have become discharged, they must be disposed of in a safe manner
which complies with all applicable laws.
6. Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, ﬁ re or the like.
Adjusting the volume
Turn the VOLUME control.