Induction Cooktop: SDH3042DB, SDH3652DB
INSTALLATION AND SERVICE MUST BE PERFORMED BY A QUALIFIED INSTALLER.
IMPORTANT: SAVE this installation manual FOR LOCAL ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR'S USE.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE INSTALLER
• Read all of the Installation Manual before installing the Induction
• Remove all packing material before connecting the electrical
• Observe all governing codes and ordinances.
• Be sure to leave these instructions with the consumer.
• All cooktops must be hard wired (direct wired) into an approved
junction box. A "plug and receptacle" is not permitted on these
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
If the information in this manual is not followed
exactly, a fire or electrical shock may result that could cause
property damage, personal injury or death.
Never leave children alone or unattended in
the area where a cooktop is in use.
Stepping, leaning or sitting on the cooktop
may result in serious injuries and can also cause damage to
• For Your Safety: Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
To eliminate the risk of burns or fire due to overheating, cabinets
located above the induction unit should be avoided. If cabinet
space is available, the risk can be reduced by installing a range
hood that protects horizontally at a minimum of 5 inches below
the bottom of the cabinets
• To prevent accidents and achieve optimal ventilation, allow for
sufficient space around the cooking area.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INFORMATION
s that are shown in Figures 3 & 7 must be used. Given
dimensions provide minimum clearance.
• Contact surface must be solid and level.
• Check location where the cooktop will be installed for proper
electrical supply. Approximate location of junction box, min 12"
(304.8mm) below the cooktop. See Figure 4.
T IN S EB 5 6 9 MRR0
• Your cooktop can be installed into a countertop by itself or above
a gas or electric wall oven.
• All electric cooktops run off a single phase, three-wire cable,
240V/60Hz AC only electrical supply with ground. Minimum
distance between cooktop and overhead cabinetry is 3
BEFORE INSTALLING THE COOKTOP
1. Visually inspect the cooktop for damage. Also make sure all
cooktop screws are on tight.
2. Record the model and serial number as found on the bottom of
your cooktop. When ordering parts for or making inquiries about
your cooktop, always be sure to include the model and serial
numbers and a lot number or letter from the serial plate on your
3. Prepare the cutout dimensions of the countertop.
4. Make sure the wall coverings, countertop and cabinets around
the cooktop can withstand heat (up to 200°F) generated by the
5. Gently lower the cooktop into the countertop cutout.
NOTE: Do not seal the cooktop to the countertop, the cooktop must
be removable if service is necessary. The cooktops include spacers
on both sides to ensure proper airflow once installed. Do not remove
the spacers. See Figure 6.
The Induction Cooktops must connect to a separate, single phase,
AC Only electrical supply with their own circuit breaker. These
appliances must be installed in accordance with National Electrical
Codes, as well as all state, municipal and local codes. This appli-
ance must be supplied with the proper voltage and frequency and
amperage, which is protected by a properly sized circuit breaker or
time delay fuse.