RECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO
EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY
Failure to observe the following safety precautions may result in harmful exposure to
(a) Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since open-
door operation can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy.
It is important not to defeat or tamper with the safety interlocks.
(b) Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door or
allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
(c) Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important
that the oven door close properly and that there is no damage to the
(1) Door (bent or dented),
(2) Hinges and latches (broken or loosened),
(3) Door seals and sealing surfaces.
(d) The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except
properly qualified service personnel.
Important Safety Instructions.
Read Carefully and keep for future reference.
Before cooking food or liquids in your microwave oven,
please check that the following safety precautions are taken.
DO NOT use any metallic cookware in the microwave oven:
Dinnerware with gold or silver trimmings
Skewers, forks, etc.
Electric arcing or sparking may occur and may damage the oven.
DO NOT heat:
Airtight or vacuum-sealed bottles, jars, containers
Ex) Baby food jars
Ex) Eggs, nuts in shells, tomatoes
The increase in pressure may cause them to explode.
Remove lids and pierce skins, bags, etc.
DO NOT operate the microwave oven when it is empty.
The oven walls may be damaged.
Leave a glass of water inside the oven at all times. The water will absorb the
microwaves if you accidentally set the oven going when it is empty.
DO NOT cover the rear ventilation slots with cloths or paper.
The cloths or paper may catch fire as hot air is evacuated from the
ALWAYS use oven gloves when removing a dish from the oven.
Some dishes absorb microwaves and heat is always transferred from
the food to the dish.The dishes are therefore hot.
DO NOT touch heating elements or interior oven walls.
These walls may be hot enough to burn even after cooking has finished,
even though they do not appear to be so. Do not allow inflammable
materials to come into contact with any interior area of the oven. Let the
oven cool down first.
To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
Do not store flammable materials in the oven
Remove wire twist ties from paper or plastic bags
Do not use your microwave oven to dry newspapers.
If smoke is observed, keep the oven door closed and switch off or disconnect
the oven from the power supply
Take particular care when heating liquids and baby foods.
ALWAYS allow a standing time of at least 20 seconds after the oven has been
switched off so that the temperature can equalize.
Stir during heating, if necessary, and ALWAYS stir after heating.
Take care when handling the container after heating. You may burn yourself if
thecontainer is too hot.
A risk of delayed eruptive boiling exists.