2. Connect the other end of the Thunderbolt 3 workstation cable to the computer.
3. Connect the power cords to the ac power adapters.
4. Connect the 230–watt ac power adapter to the power connector
5. Connect the power cords to electrical outlet.
Enable the dock
To enable the dock when connected to the computer for the first time, do either of the following:
• Confirm the change when prompted if you have the administrator privilege.
• Enter the ThinkPad Setup program (BIOS) and go to the Config menu. Select Thunderbolt(TM) 3 ➙
Security level ➙ No Security.
Install the device driver
The device driver is preinstalled on compatible Lenovo computers and the dock is ready for use after you
connect it to an ac power source and your computer.
You also can download the latest device driver from the Lenovo Web site by doing the following:
1. Go to
2. Select the entry for the dock.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the device driver.
ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock User Guide
or the 65-watt adapter to