Chapter 4. Troubleshooting
1. The dock does not work after connected to a computer with the provided Thunderbolt 3 cable.
a. Ensure that the dock is well powered by its power adapter. The dock always needs an external power
adapter for operation because it is not powered by the Thunderbolt 3 connector attached to your
b. Ensure that the device driver of the dock is well installed; if not, install the device driver and restart
c. Ensure that the USB–C connector on your computer works well.
2. The 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard or mouse function is interrupted. The mouse pointer lags or does
not move. Some characters are lost when you input by the keyboard.
• Ensure that you connect the 2.4 GHz wireless device receiver to the front USB 3.0 connector on the
3. The charging speed for the connected device, such as a mobile phone, becomes slow.
The charging speed might becomes faster if you:
• Connect your device to the Always On USB 3.1 connector Gen 2.
• Disconnect the dock from the computer.
4. My mobile devices connected to the Always On USB 3.1 connector Gen 2 cannot be charged.
It is recommended that you disconnect the dock from the computer when charging the mobile devices.
5. The mouse and keyboard cannot wake up my computer when connected to the Always On USB
3.1 connector Gen 2.
Connect your mouse or keyboard to another USB connector on the dock.
6. My computer cannot be charged after I connect it to the dock.
Ensure that you connect the dock to ac power with the power adapter that shipped with the dock.
1. The external monitor display is blank.
• No more than three external displays are connected to the dock.
• You computer connected to the dock is running correctly and is not in standby or hibernation mode.
When the computer is in standby or hibernation mode, the external monitor display is always blank.
• The device driver is installed following the installation instructions.
• The following components are securely connected:
– Your computer and the dock
– The dock and electrical outlet
– The dock and external displays
If the problem persists, disconnect all cables from the dock, and uninstall the dock device driver. Then,
reinstall the device driver and reconnect all cables to the dock. See Chapter 2 "Set up the dock" on page
2. I cannot play back videos on the external monitor but can play them back on the computer
© Copyright Lenovo 2018