Chapter 2. Setting up the dock
This chapter provides information about setting up the dock.
Connecting the dock to your computer
To connect the dock to your computer, do the following:
Note: Ensure that you use the USB-C cable, the ac power adapter, and the power cord that come with the
1. Connect the power cord to the ac power adapter.
2. Connect the power cord to an electrical outlet.
3. Connect the ac power adapter to the power connector on the dock.
4. Connect one end of the USB-C cable to the USB-C connector (for connecting computer) on the dock.
5. Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to the computer by doing one of the following:
• Connect the USB-C cable to the USB-C connector on the computer
• Connect the USB-C connector of the cable to the USB converter. Then connect the USB converter to
the USB 3.1 connector on the computer
Installing and uninstalling the device driver
Ensure that the device driver for the dock is installed on your computer before using the dock.
© Copyright Lenovo 2018
. The dock does not supply power to the computer.
.The dock supplies power to