184.108.40.206 Multiple Module Battery Connection
For applications where multiple PAD-3 boards are mounted in an enclosure with System 3 rails, it may be
possible to connect two boards to a single battery set. When using a single battery set for two boards, the
following rules must be followed:
a) Both PAD-3 boards must be located within the same enclosure and mounted adjacent to each other.
b) The combined battery A.H. rating required for both boards does not exceed 15 A.H.
c) The alarm current must never exceed 6.14A singularly or with 2 PAD-3s combined.
d) One of the PAD-3 boards must have its charging circuit disabled.
e) The PAD-3 with the active charger is limited to 1.5 amps of auxiliary DC power at terminals 18 and
Two (2) battery connection splitters (part number 230-299203) are used on the battery set for proper
The following steps and diagrams explain how to connect two PAD-3 boards to a single battery set.
1. Install a battery connection splitter (see Figure 2-6) to the positive and negative terminals on the
battery set. If the battery set contains two 12-volt batteries to be wired in series, install one splitter on
the positive terminal of battery #1 and the other to the negative terminal of the battery #2.
2. Connect the black wires from both PAD-3 boards to the splitter on the negative terminal of battery #2.
3. If the battery set contains two 12-volt batteries, connect the jumper wire from the remaining single
positive terminal of battery #2 to the negative terminal on battery #1.
4. Connect the red wires from both PAD-3 boards to the splitter on the positive terminal of battery #1.
See Figure 2-7.
To Battery Terminal
5. Disable the battery charger on one of the units. See Section 5.2 for directions.
Figure 2-6. Battery connection splitter
To each PAD-3
Figure 2-7. Dual module battery connection