The following checklist will assist in the correction of most problems you may encounter with your
Before going through the checklist below, refer to the operating procedures.
No beep tone.
Playback sound is distorted.
The AMS does not operate
Preset tuning is not possible.
Automatic tuning is not possible.
• Adjust the volume with (+).
• Set the fader control to the center position for 2-speaker
• An optional power amplifier is connected and you are not
using the built-in amplifier.
• The beep tone is muted.
Contamination of the tape head. n Clean the head.
• There is noise in the space between tracks.
• A blank space is too short (less than four seconds).
• + on (SEEK/AMS) is pressed immediately before the
• = on (SEEK/AMS) is pressed immediately after the track
• A long pause, or a passage of low frequencies or very low
sound level is treated as a blank space.
• Store the correct frequency.
• The broadcast is too weak.
The broadcast is too weak. n Use manual tuning.