MODEL C 6DD POWER TOOLS TECHNICAL DATA CORDLESS CIRCULAR SAW C 6DD SERVICE MANUAL LIST No. F849 May 2001 SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT...
Notice for use Specifications and parts are subject to change for improvement. Refer to Hitachi Power Tool Technical News for further information.
REMARK: Throughout this TECHNICAL DATA AND SERVICE MANUAL, a symbol(s) is(are) used in the place of company name(s) and model name(s) of our competitor(s). The symbol(s) utilized here is(are) as follows: Competitors Symbols Utilized Company Name Model Name MAKITA 5621RDWB...
During Sales Promotion ......................9 9. REPAIR GUIDE ..........................10 9-1. Precautions in disassembly and Reassembly ................10 9-2. Precautions in disassembly and Reassembly of Battery Charger ......... 14 10. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES ..............15 Assembly Diagram for C 6DD...
AC-powered circular saw and the newly developed carbon brush-replaceable powerful motor, the Model C 6DD offers AC-powered product level durability. In addition, the Model C 6DD is equipped with a convenient spotlight that enables operation in poor light areas for better operability.
The shape, angle and location of the handle are important considerations in designing an easy-to-use circular saw. The shape, angle and location of the Model C 6DD's handle are similar to those of Hitachi's AC-powered circular saws that are familiar to users. A nonskid and shock-absorbing elastomer is used at the palm side of the grip for easier operation.
(9) Dust collector set available as option A dust collector set is available as an optional accessory for the Model C 6DD. When the cutting operation produces bothersome saw dust and wood chip dispersion, particularly in indoor use, attaching the dust collector set to the main body and connecting it to a vacuum cleaner will minimize dust dispersion for cleaner and more comfortable operation.
5. SPECIFICATIONS Model C 6DD Saw blade diameter 165 mm (6-1/2") Cutting depth 0 --- 55 mm (0 ---2-5/32") at 90˚ at 45˚ 0 --- 40 mm (0 ---1-9/16") Type of motor DC magnet motor Type of handle D type...
1) Saw blade Code No. Hole diameter No. of teeth External diameter 302407 15.9 mm (5/8") 16 pieces 165 mm (6-1/2") 302409 30 mm (1-3/16") 16 pieces 165 mm (6-1/2") 2) Battery Code No. Model 317326 EB 18B (2.0 Ah) 319764 EB 1820 (2.0 Ah) 319765...
6. COMPARISONS WITH SIMILAR PRODUCT HITACHI Maker Model C 6DD 90˚ 55 mm (2-5/32") 54 mm (2-1/8") Max. cut depth 45˚ 40 mm (1-9/16") 38 mm (1-1/2") Diameter 165 mm (6-1/2") 165 mm (6-1/2") Saw blade No. of chips 16 pieces 24 pieces No-load speed (/min.)
8. PRECAUTIONS IN SALES PROMOTION In the interest of promoting the safest and most efficient use of the Model C 6DD Cordless Circular Saw by all of our customers, it is very important that at the time of sale the salesperson carefully ensures that the buyer seriously recognizes the importance of the contents of the Handling Instructions, and fully understands the meaning of the precautions listed on the Caution Plate and Name Plate attached to each tool.
Ensure that all customers understand that Type EB 1820 or EB 1830H Storage Batteries should be returned to the Hitachi power tool sales outlet or the authorized service center when they are no longer capable of being recharged or repaired. If thrown into a fire, the batteries may explode, or if discarded indiscriminately, leakage of the cadmium compound contained in the battery may cause environmental pollution.
(1) Do not overload the motor. As the Model C 6DD is a battery-powered cordless circular saw, the motor's output and torque are less than those of ordinary AC-powered circular saws. Do not twist or thrust the main body during cutting. Otherwise, the motor becomes locked and will cause burning of the motor or deterioration of the battery.
9. REPAIR GUIDE [WARNING] Without fail, remove the storage battery from the main body of the tool before starting repair or maintenance work. If the battery is left in and the switch is activated inadvertently, the motor will start rotating unexpectedly, which could cause serious injury. 9-1.
(5) Removal of the Armature Ass'y DC 18V  First, remove the two Brush Caps , and take out the two Carbon Brushes . The Carbon Brush  can be easily taken out by hooking the protrusion of the Carbon Brush  with the tip of a flat-blade screwdriver as shown in Fig.
9-1-2. Reassembly Reassembly can be accomplished by following the disassembly procedures in reverse. However, special attention should be given to the followng items. (1) Tightening torques for fastening screws and bolts Seal Lock Flat Hd. Screw M4 x 10  ........14 to 22 kgf•cm (12 to 19 in•lbf) Bolt (W/Flange) M8 x 15.5  ............
(4) Reassembly of the Bearing Holder  with the Spindle and Gear Set  It becomes difficult to mount both the Bearing Holder  and the Spindle and Gear Set  to the Gear Cover Ass'y  if grease gets in the metal chamber of the Gear Cover Ass'y . Very lightly apply grease on the metal sliding surface of the spindle being careful not to get grease in the metal chamber.
(7) Internal wire arrangement (See Fig. 5.) Connect internal wires as illustrated in Fig. 5. At this time, ensure that none of the wires are pinched between components during assembly. Mount the Knob , Terminal (A)  and Spring (F)  without fail. Connect the brown internal wire of the Terminal Piece Set  in the "+"...