(1) Using desoldering braid, remove the solder from the foil of
each pin of the flat pack-IC on the CBA so you can install a
replacement flat pack-IC more easily.
(2) The " " mark on the flat pack-IC indicates pin 1. (See Fig.
7) Be sure this mark matches the 1 on the PCB when posi-
tioning for installation. Then presolder the four corners of
the flat pack-IC. (See Fig. 8)
(3) Solder all pins of the flat pack-IC. Be sure that none of the
pins have solder bridges.
Pin 1 of the Flat Pack-IC
is indicated by a "
1.2.5 Instructions for Handling Semi-conductors
Electrostatic breakdown of the semi-conductors may occur due
to a potential difference caused by electrostatic charge during
unpacking or repair work.
Ground for Human Body
Be sure to wear a grounding band (1MΩ) that is properly ground-
ed to remove any static electricity that may be charged on the
Ground for Workbench
(1) Be sure to place a conductive sheet or copper plate with
proper grounding (1MΩ) on the workbench or other sur-
face, where the semi-conductors are to be placed. Be-
cause the static electricity charge on clothing will not
escape through the body grounding band, be careful to
avoid contacting semi-conductors with your clothing.
< Incorrect >
< Correct >
Conductive Sheet or