User’s Guide Digital Audio Baby Monitor Models: MBP140, MBP140-2 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Baby Unit Power ON/OFF button Nightlight Output - On when the nightlight is - Press and hold to turn the baby turned on. unit on or off. - Off when the nightlight is Volume turned off. - Press to adjust the speaker Speaker volume.
Overview of the Parent Unit Power ON/OFF button - Flashes in orange when the - Press and hold to turn the parent battery is low while not linked to unit on or off. the baby unit. - Off when the parent unit is Volume powered off.
Important guidelines for installing your Baby Monitor • To use your baby unit and parent unit together, you must be able to establish a radio link between them, and the range will be affected by environmental conditions. • Any large metal object, like a refrigerator, a mirror, a filing cabinet, metallic doors or reinforced concrete, between the baby and parent unit may block the radio signal.
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started..................9 Connecting baby unit to power ..............9 Installing battery and connecting parent unit to power ......9 Installation of Lanyard ................10 3. Using Your Baby Monitor ................ 12 Power on or off the baby unit ..............
1. Safety Instructions Presence of un-insulated dangerous voltage within the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons. WARNING: Presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance. This Baby Monitor is compliant with all relevant standards regarding electromagnetic fields and is, when handled as described in the User’s Guide, safe to use.
CAUTION In order to reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not expose the device to water or humidity. Never disassemble the device. Opening the casing is dangerous and will invalidate the warranty. The electrical plug is used to disconnect the device and it should remain readily operable during use.
2. Getting Started Connecting baby unit to power Plug Mains power socket A. Choose a suitable location with easy access to a mains power socket. B. Plug the baby unit into the power socket in your baby’s room. Ensure sufficient clearance is given for it to detect sound and place it not more than 1.5m away from the baby's cot.
C. Slide the battery compartment cover back until it securely clicks into place. D. Place the parent unit onto the charger. Connect the power adaptor of the charger to a suitable power socket. NOTE Only use the provided battery pack. Installation of Lanyard A lanyard is supplied as an additional wearable option for the parent unit other than the belt clip.
C. Make sure the 2 string loops sit properly over the 2 plastic catches. D. Close the battery door. E. Open/Close the Lanyard Lock. • Pull with force to open the lock. • Push to close the lock. Getting Started...
3. Using Your Baby Monitor Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that this baby monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible, correct parental supervision. Power on or off the baby unit •...
Adjust the speaker volume for baby unit You can adjust the speaker volume from Volume 1 to Volume 5, to increase or decrease the sound heard by the baby from a parent unit when its Talk button is pressed. • Press on the baby unit.
4. Disposal of The Device (environment) At the end of the product lifecycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, User’s Guide and/or box indicates this.
5. Cleaning Clean your Baby Monitor with a slightly damp cloth or with an anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the Baby Monitor with thinners or other solvents and chemicals –...
6. Troubleshooting Power/link Indicator on the parent unit does not come on • The baby unit may be switched off. Press the button to switch on the baby unit. • Check whether the supplied battery pack is correctly installed and that it is not drained.
To order a replacement battery pack for parent unit, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE") What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE., are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or seals that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
NW2 7HF, United Kingdom. Declare under our sole responsibility that the following product Type of equipment: Digital Audio Baby Monitor Model Name: MBP140, MBP140-2 Country of Origin: China Brand: Motorola complies with the essential protection requirements of R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC on the...
Technical Specifications Baby unit Frequency 1881.792 MHz - 1897.344 MHz Channels Operating temperature 5ºC - 45ºC Power supply adaptor Input 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz. Rating Output 6VDC, 450mA. Parent unit Frequency 1881.792 MHz - 1897.344 MHz Channels Operating temperature 5ºC - 45ºC Battery rating 2.4V, 400mAh Ni-MH battery pack Power supply adaptor...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.