User’s Guide Digital Audio Monitor with Baby Care Timer Models: MBP161TIMER, MBP161TIMER-2 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status.
Overview of the Parent Unit Sound Level Indicator Microphone LCD Display Lullaby Timer Buttons Press to start or stop lullaby playback. Control Key Panel In timer setting: Press to reset timer to 00-00 UP / VOLUME + Press to increase speaker volume. Power jack While in a menu, press to scroll up.
Parent Unit display icons Connection status - Displays when the parent unit is linked to the baby unit. - Flashes when the link between the baby unit and the parent unit is lost or the parent unit is out of range of the baby unit. Battery status scrolls when battery is charging.
Overview of the Baby Unit Temperature Sensor POWER/ LULLABY Speaker Press and hold to power the baby unit Power jack on or off. Power/Link indicator In idle mode: Press to enter lullaby On steadily when the baby unit is menu. powered on and linked to the parent In lullaby menu: Press to play or select unit.
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started..................10 Baby unit power supply................10 Parent unit battery installation and power supply ........11 Desktop stand on parent unit..............12 3. Using Your Digital Audio Baby Monitor..........13 Power on or off ..................
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: Strangulation Hazard. Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 1 metre away). Never use extension cords with AC Adapters. Only use the AC Adapters provided. Safety Instructions...
BABY MONITOR SET UP & USE: • Choose a location for the Digital Audio Baby Monitor that will provide the best audio reception of your baby in his/her cot. • Place the Baby Unit on a flat surface, such as a dresser, bureau or shelf, or mount the Unit on a wall securely using the keyhole slots under the stand.
CAUTION There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions. Use only rechargeable battery pack with rating: 2.4V 400mAh Safety Instructions...
2. Getting Started Baby unit power supply DC JACK DC PLUG 1. Insert the DC plug of the power adapter with the bigger DC plug into the DC jack on the back of the baby unit. 2. Connect the other end of the power adapter to a suitable mains power. NOTE Only use the provided power adapter.
Parent unit battery installation and power supply A rechargeable battery pack is supplied and should be fitted, so that the parent unit can be carried to another location without losing the link with the baby unit(s). Charge the parent unit before using it for the first time or when the parent unit indicates that battery is low.
Desktop stand on parent unit The parent unit comes with a desktop stand attached to the back of the unit. To place the parent unit on a desk, simply pull out the stand as shown above. NOTE Place the parent unit on a flat, even surface. Getting Started...
3. Using Your Digital Audio Baby Monitor Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that this Digital Audio Baby Monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible and proper adult supervision. Power on or off 3.1.1 Power on or off the baby unit •...
• Press on the parent unit when it is not in use. The sound level indicator lights up when you adjust the speaker volume. The number of LED lights indicate how loud the volume has been raised. When the speaker volume is set to off, the screen displays Night light Turn on night light so that the room is gently lit and isn’t so dark at night.
3. Press to save and start the timer. The screen will display SAVED before returning to idle screen. feeding timer button remains lighted when the timer is running. 3.4.2 Reset feeding timer 1. Press on the parent unit. The timer will display on the screen. 2.
3.4.4 Reset diaper change timer 1. Press on the parent unit. The timer will display on the screen. 2. Press to reset the timer to 00-00, then press to adjust the timer. Each key press represents an interval of 30 minutes, up to an interval of 24 hours.
2. Press to reset the timer to 00-00, then press to adjust the timer. Each key press represents an interval of 30 minutes, up to an interval of 24 hours. 3. Press to save and start the adjusted timer. The screen will display SAVED before returning to idle screen.
ENGLISH FRANÇAIS ESPAÑOL 3. Press to select 4. Press to confirm your selection. Turn sound alert on or off You can turn on the sound alert so that the parent unit beeps when a loud sound is detected by the baby unit. is displayed when sound alert is enabled.
4. Disposal of the Device (Environment) At the end of the product life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
5. Cleaning Clean your Digital Audio Baby Monitor with a slightly damp cloth or with an anti- static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the Digital Audio Baby Monitor with thinners or other solvents and chemicals - this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the warranty.
6. Troubleshooting Power/Link Indicator on the parent unit does not come on • Check whether the parent unit is powered on. • Check whether the supplied battery pack is correctly installed and that they are not drained. • Recharge the parent unit by connecting it to the mains power. Power/Link Indicator on the baby unit flashes •...
The Digital Audio Baby Monitor system produces a high- pitched noise • The parent unit and the baby unit are too close to each other. Make sure that the parent unit and baby unit are at least 1 metre away from each other. •...
To order a replacement battery pack for parent unit, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE") What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE., are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
8. Technical Specifications BABY UNIT: Frequency 1881.792 - 1897.344 MHz Channels Operating temperature 5ºC - 45ºC Power supply adapter Input 100 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 150mA Rating Output 6VDC, 450mA PARENT UNIT: Frequency 1881.792 - 1897.344 MHz Channels Operating temperature 5ºC - 45ºC Battery rating 2.4V 400mAh Ni-MH battery pack Power supply adapter Input 100 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 150mA...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., oﬀicial licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylised M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.