• If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires aren't touching to cause
a short circuit then replace the old fuse with one with the same
• Do not let pebbles, sand or metallic objects get inside the unit.
• Do not touch the unit during use because the surface of the unit
becomes hot and may cause burns if touched.
This unit is designed to operate on 12 V DC, NEGATIVE ground
electrical systems. JVC recommends consulting a qualified technician
• To prevent short circuits while making connections, keep the
battery's negative terminal disconnected.
• This unit uses BTL (Balanced Transformerless) amplifier circuitry,
i.e., floating ground system, so comply with the following:
– Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to each other.
– Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to the metal
body or chassis.
• Cover the unused leads with insulating tape to prevent them from
• DO NOT disassemble the unit since there are no user serviceable
• To keep the heat dissipation mechanism running effectively, wipe
the accumulated dust off periodically.
• Listening to the tape, radio, CD or digital audio player, etc. with
the volume set at a high level for a long period of time will exhaust
the battery, while the engine is turned off or while the engine is
• Use the speakers which have sufficient capacity to the unit.
AMPLIFIER: INSTRUCTION MANUAL