– Delivery specification: dryer, instructions for installation and use, woollens basket
(depending on model).
– Check dryer for transport damage.
– The dryer is very heavy. Do not attempt to lift it on your own.
– Be careful to avoid sharp edges.
– Do not lift the dryer by any of the protruding parts (e.g. the door) as they may break off.
– Do not set up in a room that is susceptible to frost.
Freezing water may cause damage.
– If in doubt, have the appliance connected by an expert.
Setting up the dryer
Take all accessory parts
– The appliance plug must always be accessible.
out of the drum.
The drum must be empty.
– Ensure that the appliance is installed on a clean, level
and solid surface.
– Keep the cooling grille at the front of the dryer
Consumption values table
– Keep the area around the dryer clean.
– Make the dryer level using the threaded feet
and a spirit level.
Do not remove the threaded feet under any
Do not set up the dryer behind a door or sliding
door as this may obstruct or prevent the dryer door
from opening. This will prevent a potentially fatal
danger to children from locking themselves in.
Clean and level
Make sure that the air
inlet remains unobstructed
see safety instructions
– Connect to an AC earthed socket. If in doubt have the socket checked by an expert.
Programme setting for testing in accordance with the applicable EN61121 standard.
** The values may differ from those specified, depending on the type of fabric, composition of laundry to be dried, residual moisture in the fabric,
– The mains voltage and the voltage shown on the rating plate (
Page 9) must correspond.
the degree of dryness that has been set and the amount of laundry being loaded.
– The connected load and necessary fuse protection are specified on the rating plate.
Most efficient programme for cotton fabrics
Do not operate the dryer if
The following "standard cottons programme" (identified with
Frost protection / Transport
there is a danger of frost.
its combined energy consumption for drying wet cotton laundry.
Standard programme for cottons in accordance with current EU regulation 932/2012
1. Empty the condensate container
2. Select any programme using the programme selector.
Cottons Cupboard Dry
3. Press the Start/Stop button
condensation is pumped into the container.
Programme setting for testing and energy labelling in accordance with Directive 2010/30/EU.
4. Wait 5 min. and then empty the condensate container again.
5. Turn the programme selector to Off.
What to do if ...
If you cannot rectify a fault yourself (e.g. switching off/on), please contact our after-sales service. We will
60 x 60 x 85 cm (height adjustable)
always find an appropriate solution and will avoid unnecessary visits by engineers. Trust the expertise of the
approximately 45 kg
manufacturer and rest assured that the repair will be carried out by trained service technicians using original
spare parts. The contact details of your local after-sales service can be found in the enclosed after-sales
service directory, or by calling one of these numbers:
– GB 0344 892 8999 (Calls charged at local or mobile rate.)
– IE 01450 2655 (0.03 € per minute at peak. Off peak 0.0088 € per minute.)
When contacting the after-sales service, please quote the appliance's product number (E no.)
and number (FD) (see the inside of the door).
see appliance rating plate
Set the programme selector to Off and remove the appliance plug from the socket.
The Start/Stop indicator lamp
does not light up.
You can find the rating plate on the back of the dryer.
The display panel light and
Power consumption when switched off
indicator lights (depending on
model) go out and the Start/Stop
Power consumption when ready for use (left-on mode)
indicator light flashes.
Drum interior light (depending on model) (bulb E14, 25 W): The drum lights up after the door is opened or closed, and after the programme
starts, and switches off automatically. Changing the bulb
The Empty water and Start/Stop
indicator lamp flash.
The Clean filter and Start/Stop
indicator lamp flash.
Spin speed which
Dryer does not start.
is used for spinning
Water is running out.
The door opens by itself.
Laundry is not dried correctly or
is still too damp.
) is suitable for drying normal, wet cotton laundry and is most efficient in terms of
7 kg/3.5 kg
4.20 kWh/2.30 kWh
Drying time too long.
(from after-sales service using order number, depending on model)
The humidity in the room
For easier loading and unloading. The basket contained in the drawer can be used to carry the laundry.
Washer-dryer stack connection set
The dryer can be placed on top of a suitable washing machine with the same width and depth to save space. The dryer must be fastened to the
washing machine using this connection set. With pull-out worktop: WZ 20300
One or more indicator lights for
programme status are flashing.
Installation underneath the worktop
Instead of the appliance covering plate, you must have a metal cover fitted by a specialist.
The interior light is not working
(depending on model).
– Pull the appliance plug out of the socket immediately or disconnect the fuse.
ONLY use the
– in rooms inside the house.
– to dry fabrics.
– be used for other purposes than those described above.
– be modified in terms of its technology or attributes.
– The dryer must not be used by children or persons who have not been instructed
in its use.
– Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
– Keep pets away from the dryer.
Mains plug plugged in?
– Remove all objects from pockets. Make especially sure that cigarette lighters are
removed as they constitute an
Check the socket fuse.
– Do not lean or sit on the door
Energy-saving mode is activated
see the separate Energy-saving
– Secure loose cables
– Do not operate the dryer if there is a risk of frost.
– Connect the dryer according to specifications to an AC earthed socket, as
Empty the condensate container.
otherwise it cannot be guaranteed that the appliance is completely safe.
If featured, check hose for condensation outlet.
– The cable cross-section must be sufficient.
Clean the fluff filter and/or air cooler
– Only use earth-leakage circuit breakers with the following symbol:
– The appliance plug and socket must be compatible.
Start/Stop button selected?
– Do not use multiple plugs/couplings and/or extension cables.
– Do not hold the appliance plug with wet hands
– Never pull the appliance plug out of the socket by its cable.
Ambient temperature greater than 5°C?
– Do not damage the mains lead
Align dryer horizontally.
– Only load the drum with laundry. Check the contents before you switch the dryer
Clean air cooler seal.
– Do not use the dryer if the laundry has been in contact with solvents, oil, wax,
Push the door closed until you hear it engage.
grease or paint (e.g. hair setting spray, nail polish remover, stain remover, cleaning
Laundry load exceeded?
Remove articles of clothing immediately after the end of the programme,
– The tumble dryer is not to be used if industrial chemicals have been used for
hang up and pull into shape.
Unsuitable programme selected
– Dust (e.g. coal dust, flour) poses a danger: do not use the dryer
After the end of the programme, warm laundry feels damper than it
actually is. Spread the laundry out and allow the heat to disperse.
– Do not turn off the dryer until the drying process ends, unless the laundry will be
Finely adjust the dryness level – this extends the drying time but does
removed quickly and spread out, so that the heat can dissipate.
not increase the temperature. Your laundry will become drier.
– Do not put laundry containing foamed material/rubber in the dryer
Select a programme with a longer drying time or increase the drying
elastic material may be destroyed and the dryer may be damaged due to
level. This does not increase the temperature.
possible deformation of the foamed material.
Select a time programme for extended drying of laundry that is still
– Light things, such as long hair, may be sucked into the air inlet of the dryer
Risk of injury.
If you have exceeded the maximum load for the programme, the laundry
may not be dried correctly.
– Final part of a tumble dryer cycle occurs without heat (cool down cycle), to ensure
Clean the moisture sensor in the drum. A fine layer of limescale may
that the items are left at a temperature that ensures that the items will not be
adversely affect the performance of the sensors and your washing will
not dry properly.
– Switch off the dryer once the programme has ended.
Drying has been interrupted as a result of a power cut, because the
– The exterior of the appliance's rear panel becomes very hot during
condensate container is full or because the maximum drying time has
operation. Never touch the hot surface of the appliance's rear panel.
Keep children away from the appliance
– Condensation is not drinking water and may be contaminated with fluff.
Rinse the fluff filters under running water
Insufficient supply of air
ensure that air can circulate.
– Do not use the dryer if it is defective or if you suspect it is.
Air inlet possibly blocked
Repairs must only be carried out by the after-sales service.
Ambient temperature higher than 35°C
ventilate the room.
– Do not use the dryer if the mains cable is defective. To avoid danger, only have
Make sure the room is sufficiently ventilated.
the defective mains cable replaced by the after-sales service.
– Always pull the mains plug out of the socket before changing the bulb for the
Remove laundry from the dryer immediately and spread out. This allows
risk of electric shock.
the heat to dissipate. Be careful as the door, the drum and the laundry
– Only use genuine spare parts and accessories for safety reasons.
may be hot.
– Dryer: pull out the appliance plug, then cut off the mains cable from the appliance.
Clean filter and air cooler
Dispose of at municipal waste disposal facility.
Check installation conditions
– Packaging: do not leave children alone with packing parts
Switch off, leave to cool down, switch on again, restart programme.
– All materials are environmentally sound and can be reused.
Pull out the appliance plug, remove the cover cap in the interior above the
Dispose of in an environmentally-responsible manner.
door (use Torx 20 screw driver) and replace the bulb. Close the cover
cap. Never operate the dryer without a cover cap.
risk of tipping.
risk of electric shock.
risk of electric shock.
Risk of burns!
en Operating and installation instructions
Observe the safety instructions on page 11!
risk of suffocation.
Read these instructions and the separate
Energy-saving mode instructions before switching
on the dryer.