Care & Cleaning
• Locate the freezer in the coolest part of
the room, out of direct sunlight, and away
from heating ducts or registers.
• Do not place the freezer next to heat-
producing appliances such as a range,
oven, or dishwasher. If this is not possible,
a section of cabinetry or an added
layer of insulation between the two (2)
appliances will help the freezer operate
• Level the freezer so that the doors
Refer to the "Controls" section for
procedures on temperature settings.
• Avoid overcrowding the freezer or blocking
cold air vents. Doing so causes the freezer
to run longer and use more energy.
• Cover foods and wipe containers dry
before placing them in the freezer. This cuts
down on moisture build-up inside the unit.
• Organize the freezer to reduce door
openings. Remove as many items as
needed at one time and close the door as
soon as possible.
• Do not place a hot container directly on
a cold shelf. Remember, such an extreme
temperature change may damage the glass.
Do Not block
Air Flow From
Protecting Your Investment
Keeping your appliance clean maintains its
appearance and prevents odor build-up.
Wipe up any spills immediately and clean
the compartments at least twice a year.
Do not use abrasive cleaners such as window
sprays, scouring cleansers, flammable fluids,
cleaning waxes, concentrated detergents,
bleaches, or cleansers containing petroleum
products on plastic parts, interior doors,
gaskets, or cabinet liners. Do not use paper
towels, scouring pads, or other abrasive
• Never use metallic scouring pads, brushes,
abrasive cleaners, or strong alkaline
solutions on any surface.
• Never use CHLORIDE or cleaners with
bleach to clean stainless steel.
• Do not wash any removable parts in
• Always unplug the electrical power cord
from the wall outlet before cleaning.
If you set your temperature controls to
turn off cooling, power to lights and other
electrical components will continue until you
unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
• Remove adhesive labels by hand. Do
not use razor blades or other sharp
instruments which can scratch the
• Do not remove the serial plate. Removal
of your serial plate voids your warranty.
• Before moving your appliance, raise the
anti-tip brackets so the rollers will work
correctly. This will prevent the floor from