RM7895A,B,C,D/EC7895A,C; RM7896A,B,C,D 7800 SERIES RELAY MODULES
After checking all wiring, perform this checkout before
installing the EC7895A,C/RM7895A,B,C,D/RM7896A,B,C,D
on the subbase. These tests verify the Q7800 Wiring
Subbase is wired correctly, and the external controllers, limits,
interlocks, actuators, valves, transformers, motors and other
devices are operating properly.
Fire or Explosion Hazard.
Can cause property damage, severe injury
Close all manual fuel shutoff valve(s) before starting
Use extreme care while testing the system. Line
voltage is present on most terminal connections when
power is on.
Ensure proper selection of configuration jumpers before
starting the burner operation.
Can cause equipment damage or failure.
Do not perform a dielectric test with the relay module
installed. Internal surge protectors can break down,
allowing relay module to fail the dielectric test and
destroy the internal lightning and high current
1. Open the master switch before installing or removing a
jumper on the subbase.
2. Before continuing to the next test, be sure to remove the
test jumper(s) used in the previous test.
3. Replace all limits and interlocks that are not operating
properly. Do not bypass limits and interlocks.
Table 6. Static Checkout.
Line voltage at terminal 5.
Line voltage at terminal 6.
1. Burner motor (fan or blower)
2. Line voltage at terminal 7
1. Ignition spark (if ignition
1. Voltmeter (1M ohm/volt minimum sensitivity) set on the
0 to 300 Vac scale.
2. Two jumper wires, no. 14 wire, insulated, 12 in.
(304.8 mm) long with insulated alligator clips at both
1. Perform all applicable tests listed in Static Checkout,
Table 6, in the order listed.
2. Make sure all manual fuel shutoff valve(s) are closed.
3. For each test, open the master switch and install the
jumper wire(s) between the subbase wiring terminals
listed in the Test Jumpers column.
4. Close the master switch before observing operation.
5. Read the voltage between the subbase wiring terminals
listed in the Voltmeter column.
6. If there is no voltage or the operation is abnormal, check
the circuits and external devices as described in the last
7. Check all wiring for correct connections, tight terminal
screws, correct wire, and proper wiring techniques.
Replace all damaged or incorrectly sized wires.
8. Replace faulty controllers, limits, interlocks, actuators,
valves, transformers, motors and other devices, as
9. Make sure normal operation is obtained for each
required test before continuing the checkout.
10. After completing each test, be sure to open the master
power switch and remove the test jumper(s) before
proceeding to the next test.
Can cause serious injury or death.
Be sure all manual fuel shutoff valves are closed.
within 10 seconds.
transformer is connected to
If Operation is Abnormal,
Check Items Listed Below
1. Master switch.
2. Power connected to master switch.
3. Overload protection (fuse, circuit breaker,
etc.) has not opened power line.
2. Burner controller.
1. Burner motor circuit.
a. Manual switch of burner motor.
b. Burner motor power supply, overload
protection and starter.
c. Burner motor.
1. Watch for spark or listen for buzz.
a. Ignition electrodes are clean.
b. Ignition transformer is okay.