Assembling the Printer and Stand ... . . 3 Setting up Stylus Pro 10600 ....5 Connecting the Printer with Your Computer .
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION. The information contained herein is designed only for use with this EPSON printer. EPSON is not responsible for any use of this information as applied to other printers.
Keep the printer away from the dusty area. Safety Instructions Place the printer near a wall outlet where the plug can be easily unplugged. Important Safety Instructions When using the printer Read all of these instructions before using your Do not put your hand inside the printer or printer.
Warnings must be followed carefully to avoid Use of options bodily injury. EPSON (UK) Limited shall not be liable against any damages or problems arising from the use of Cautions must be observed to avoid damage to any options or consumable products other than your equipment.
4. Insert the printer into the guide pins on the Assembling the Printer and Stand stand. Mounting the printer on the stand 1. Position the stand in front of the printer (K) as shown. Note: When you place the printer on the stand, match the right end square of the printer to the square of the same part of the stand.
7. Remove the protective materials: 3. Turning the stitch side down, spread the paper basket (F) on the floor. from the front cover (tapes). 4. Holding the rear shaft, pass it under the from the platen (tapes). horizontal struts. Holding the rear shafts and from the side of the print head compartment the joint sockets, turn them one revolution as (fixing metal plate inside the front cover).
8. Slide out the lower basket hooks to their full length, then attach the L shape ends to the joint sockets on the front side. Setting up Stylus Pro 10600 Connecting the power cord 1. Connect the power cord (R) to the AC inlet on 9.
2. Attach the three clamps packed with your 2. Push the ink compartment cover to open it. printer, then route the power cord through the clamps at the rear of the printer. 3. Put the attached label for your ink type on the back of the ink compartment cover.
6. Holding the ink cartridge with arrow mark on 1. Slide the movable flange off the end of the the left side and pointing to the rear of the spindle. printer, and insert it into the slot. Be sure to match the colors of the seal of compartment and the cartridge you are replacing.
5. Fit the left end of the spindle into the left 8. Insert the paper into the paper insertion slot. mounting bracket inside the printer. 9. Pull the paper down through the paper 6. Make sure that the printer is turned on, then insertion slot so that it comes out below.
The EPSON Printer Port and DMA transfer features (for Windows Me, 98, and 95 only) of the EPSON printer driver you install are not available with USB connections. They are available only with the parallel interface connection. For information on the EPSON Printer Port and DMA transfer, see your Reference Guide.
UltraChrome ink, select EPSON Stylus Windows Me and 2000. Pro 10600 UC. If you use ColorFast ink, select EPSON Stylus Pro 10600 UC. If you use dye ink, select EPSON If an error message appears, either the printer Stylus Pro 10600 DYE.
3. For USB interface users, click the Details or Ports tab and make sure that EPUSBx:(EPSON Stylus Pro 10600 UC, CF or DYE) is displayed in the Print to the following port list box. For IEEE 1394 interface users, click the Details or Ports tab and make sure that EP1394_xxx is 6.
Using the User Guides What to Do Next After completing the hardware setup and the driver installation, see the Reference Guide for detailed information about your printer’s functions, maintenance, troubleshooting, technical specifications and optional products. Using the User Guides It contains detailed instructions on how to use the printer, and information on using optional products.